http://wapreview.com/download/opera-...d-en-fw4.7.zip

Install the ALX file with Desktop Manager.

or you can use BBSAK to install the cod file.

Your choice.

This is the best browser (in my opinion for the blackberry)
    10-09-10 02:53 PM
    I recently went back to Blackberry 9700 after playing around with the G2, since I'm with Tmo. BB is way better than the G2 for sure!
    10-10-10 01:32 PM

Your choice.

Thank you!
    10-10-10 11:55 PM
    thanks!

I just d/l the new bolt...meh.

i've always liked opera...but the trackpad problem drove me up the wall.

gotta try this!
    10-11-10 12:24 AM
    Opera hasn't officially released the beta to the masses yet?
    10-11-10 10:39 AM
    does the beta fix the trackpad issues before i download it?thanx
    10-11-10 11:36 AM
    I'd also like to make sure that the trackpad issues are fixed. The new Opera Mini made it horrible for trackpad devices. The UI was clunky and felt more for the Storm/Touch devices.
    10-11-10 12:32 PM
    I've never used Opera with my 9650, but if this is a fix for it, they have a long way to go.
    10-11-10 01:55 PM
    Pardon if I am mistaken, but do you mean beta 3? I thought beta 2 came out in December??

Opera Mini - Opera Mini 5 beta 2 is ready for download!
    10-11-10 02:37 PM
    I've never used Opera with my 9650, but if this is a fix for it, they have a long way to go.
    So this is not a fix for us trackpad users?
    10-11-10 03:08 PM
    Works great!
    10-12-10 09:14 PM
    Yes to everyone asking, this version works with trackpads. This is the only version of opera that works on trackpads.

It works great now go download it!
    10-13-10 11:10 PM
    Someone requested this, so I decided to share with everyone: click here for an OTA install version of Opera Mini Beta2, no computer or DM needed. No, the touchpad control isn't perfect, but it's far better IMO than the more recent versions.
    10-13-10 11:55 PM
    This is an old version, but yes it works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 01:53 AM
    Thanks Mike and Charred. Opera Mini loaded and was working beautifully with the trackpad - and then I began getting "Connection Failed" errors! Now, it is unusable. Opera, what are you doing to us???!!!
    10-14-10 07:41 AM
    Thanks Mike and Charred. Opera Mini loaded and was working beautifully with the trackpad - and then I began getting "Connection Failed" errors! Now, it is unusable. Opera, what are you doing to us???!!!
    Try this: in OM, go to Settings -> Advanced -> Protocol. It's probably on Socket currently. Change this to HTTP. Any better?
    10-14-10 08:27 AM
    Charred that fixed it. I appreciate your help!

10-14-10 09:09 AM
    Someone requested this, so I decided to share with everyone: click here for an OTA install version of Opera Mini Beta2, no computer or DM needed. No, the touchpad control isn't perfect, but it's far better IMO than the more recent versions.
    Thanks very much for this... It's the only ver of opera I could find that works with my Torch touch screen. The opera site keeps suggesting 4.2 and the only other version offered for the 9800 is 5.1. I installed it and it didn't recognise the touch screen.
    !efore I get flaamed and for the record, the webkit browser is great, but there is one forum I frequent a lot that it just won't format into a usable column (yes I know the double tap stuff) so I'll be usong Opera exclusivly for that site...
    Thanks again for the link.

10-14-10 09:18 AM

Your choice.

I'm confused - this link is for a very old version (5.0.17405).
    The m.opera.com site gives 5.1.21216 which is much smoother.
    10-14-10 09:19 AM
    I'm confused - this link is for a very old version (5.0.17405).
    The m.opera.com site gives 5.1.21216 which is much smoother.
    Some people would disagree with you. Many people feel that Beta 2 handled trackpad (and even some touchscreen) devices much better than the latest OM version. Personally, I find the newer versions to have severe mouse control issues (lag/stutter/skipping, whatever you want to call it). Beta 2 doesn't completely fix it by any means, but I find it much better. There's a reason the OM forum is full of people complaining and asking why Beta2 worked where the new versions fail

But to each their own! This just gives people that choice.
    10-14-10 11:22 AM
    I agree with Charred. Though slower page loading than 5.1, Beta 2 is much easier to navigate with. It has (once again) become my browser of choice.

10-14-10 02:40 PM
    Thank you, Michael and Charred! I had to uninstall Opera 5 Beta 2 two months ago, fully intending to re-download immediately. Of course, then I could only find the "new" horrid version, no matter where I searched! Having limited access to a PC, and no clever skill with zip-whatnots, I really needed the OTA version of Opera Beta 2, as well. It was all gloom and sadness, until....You posted, Michael, and then Charred posted the OTA! Yay yay yay! I'm giddy with joy at my reclaimed browsing ease!
    10-17-10 11:33 PM
    Thank you Charred for the ota, works great on my VZW 9650
    10-19-10 11:44 PM
    Hi, all,

I had just about given up on being able to use Opera Mini on my Bold 9650, until I found the Opera 5 Beta 2. It works great on my Bold. No more trackpad issues and I can finally use Opera again. If you have not been able to use Opera Mini 5 due to the trackpad issues, download the beta 2. Everything seems to work just great, even the Opera Link for syncronizing your bookmarks and the speed dial with Opera on your desktop PC.

Doc
    11-16-10 05:57 AM
    Wow! Opera Mini on OS6. Can you say perfect match much ... ?
    11-17-10 01:03 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD