Hi! I'm 14 and just got my dad's old blackberry bold 9700. I just inserted my sim card from Rogers, and it works. But, my plan includes data for **** phones... could I get it to work on my blackberry? I heard some stuff about goam.com but will it work?

I'm going to be getting a student data plan later, but not until I get a job , because I want to pay for it by myself. I used to have the Samsung Corby Plus, and the interent work on it cause it was one of those paygo crappy phones.

Please help ! !
    10-09-10 11:51 AM
    Don't see why not, my son switched from a blackberry to an Iphone, we made no changes on account. I would suggest though as a precaution that you have an online account with Rogers. With this you are able to see your voice, data and messaging use whenever you want to check it out. Plus, on the 9700 there is an icon called my account, set that up and the usages are available to you also.
    10-11-10 06:41 AM
    Blackberry plans will work on other devices for data, but other device data plans will not work for the Blackberry as regular data plans will not have the Blackberry.net APN.
    10-13-10 09:40 AM
    Good to know !
    10-13-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD