I am planning to replace my bold2 for another phone. is there any way i can save my address book entries so i can transfer them to my new phone?
    10-09-10 05:32 AM
    Once you get the next phone, plug it into the computer, plug the blackberry also into your computer, then launch desktop manager, then use the Device Switch Wizard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 05:49 AM
    is there a way to do it without plugging in both phones? i might trade my blackberry for the other phone and wont have both at the same time
    10-09-10 06:20 AM
    Nope, only via desktop manager. By the way, I suggest you keep the other phone in the case of your blackberry ever getting damaged and it requires a warranty repair, this way, you have a loaner. If it takes a sim card, the blackberry will too.

10-09-10 06:23 AM
    Well that option is NOT possible. The OP is transferring to a NON-Blackberry device and RIM does not transfer off BB device the same as onto. OP would be best suited to sync with a desktop PIM or even gmail/contacts.
    10-09-10 07:14 AM
    Once you get the next phone, plug it into the computer, plug the blackberry also into your computer, then launch desktop manager, then use the Device Switch Wizard.

What are the steps for using DSW "to transfer phonebook entries to a non-blackberry phone"?

@OP can you save contacts to the SIM and move them that way maybe?
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-09-10 at 07:25 AM.
    10-09-10 07:16 AM
    Sync with Microsoft Outlook and when you get the new device sync your new phone with Outlook and it should work.

I tried that and it worked from blackberry to E72
    10-09-10 07:25 AM
    What are the steps for using DSW "to transfer phonebook entries to a non-blackberry phone"?

@OP can you save contacts to the SIM and move them that way maybe?
    I'm glad I'm not the only person to catch that post. I really need to get out more, I spend way too much time here...
    10-09-10 07:38 AM
    Use google sync, its the best for this kind of thing:
    Google Sync for your phone
    10-09-10 07:42 AM
    Sync with Microsoft Outlook and when you get the new device sync your new phone with Outlook and it should work.

I tried that and it worked from blackberry to E72
    My suggestion as well. Worked for me in the opposite direction when I had to transfer the phone books of my colleagues from non-BB to BB.

10-09-10 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD