Just curious on everyones thoughts. Pros/Cons of each

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 03:42 PM
    When i had my 8900/9700 i used UberTwitter. It's more user friendly, and looks better. Now that i am on my android. i still don't use Twitter for Android. Same Sloppy UI and fluffy look. and twitter for Android and Twitter for blackberry are made by the same company.... so they are the same...... just fluffy and not done right.
    10-08-10 03:44 PM
    I have both apps on my phone and find that UberTwitter is a better app than the Twitter for BB app. I like the fact that I can have multiple accounts as well as a better selections for options. I find that the app has more features...

Good luck!
    10-08-10 04:24 PM
    When I had my 9700 I used UT, but now with the Torch I use T4BB, since it integrates nicely into the OS (notifications).
    10-08-10 04:33 PM
    twitter for blackberry does more than enough to suffice for my needs... i like that it's integrated pretty well with the OS and i don't have a need for multiple accounts or really any of the extensive (imo bloated) features that ubertwitter has...that said i'm sure it's nice for the people who do utilize them.
    10-08-10 04:35 PM
    Uber, hands-down. It's neater, has fewer memory leaks (as native apps do; I'm looking at YOU, Facebook), supports multiple media services and doesn't clog the screen with useless garbage. Now, the native app has the messages integration advantage, but UT still has a notification system similar to other apps, and can be set to only notify on new DM/@replies, which I prefer.

There isn't an easy way to set timeline/update fonts in the native app (uses BB settings), whereas my timeline in UT is a tiny BB Sans, and the update is a HUGE BB Alpha.

10-08-10 04:39 PM
    I currently have both on my 9700, and uber is always my first choice. Uber just has more functions, plain and simple. Twitlonger is a pain with T4BB, in uber it automatically shows it when you click on the tweet, I love 'retweets of me', and tweets near me. I just love the functionality of uber, its a great app.
    10-08-10 04:44 PM
    Uber, hands-down. It's neater, has fewer memory leaks (as native apps do; I'm looking at YOU, Facebook), supports multiple media services and doesn't clog the screen with useless garbage. Now, the native app has the messages integration advantage, but UT still has a notification system similar to other apps, and can be set to only notify on new DM/@replies, which I prefer.

There isn't an easy way to set timeline/update fonts in the native app (uses BB settings), whereas my timeline in UT is a tiny BB Sans, and the update is a HUGE BB Alpha.

I currently have both on my 9700, and uber is always my first choice. Uber just has more functions, plain and simple. Twitlonger is a pain with T4BB, in uber it automatically shows it when you click on the tweet, I love 'retweets of me', and tweets near me. I just love the functionality of uber, its a great app.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It simply is, very easy to use.

10-08-10 05:04 PM
    I have to Go with UberTwitter...
    -I like that I can shut it off. I open it when I want to read tweets and close it when I'm done.
    -Much nicer interface
    -I like that you can use the classic "Re-tweet" where you can edit. Also, the new style of retweet does not seem to update to FaceBook. (Or didn't last time I tested the native right after it came out of Beta)
    10-08-10 05:25 PM
    When I had my 9700 I used UT, but now with the Torch I use T4BB, since it integrates nicely into the OS (notifications).
    I agree! T4BB looks great on the torch the only thing I dislike abt T4BB is that you can't 'tweetlong' like you can with UT. It let's you send longer tweets so I use both

10-08-10 08:05 PM
    Twitter for Blackberry.
    It's very official, and it gets what I need to be done.
    I used Uber for a bit until I got 100% hooked on T4BB.
    10-08-10 08:12 PM
    UB looks better and has nicer features. I also find it more reliable, sometimes T4BB wouldn't display texts, didn't show @mentions, and it would NEVER let me retweet things and sometimes wouldn't even let me tweet.
    10-08-10 08:49 PM
    I have both, but barely use T4BB. Better/richer options and features in UT in my opinion.
    10-08-10 08:52 PM
    UberTwitter hands down. UberTwitter is easier to use and offers the end user more capabilities. It also looks great. Thanks the Twitter For Blackberry UberTwitter stepped up there game as far as the UI and I love it.

10-08-10 09:26 PM
    I personally like ubertwitter better than twitter for blackberry. I didn't like that in order to see the full size picture it made me open it in the browser. I also like that you can customize the colors on ubertwitter.
    10-08-10 10:20 PM
    Just use RIM Twitter app. I just need to read the tweet and load the url if necessary. All the extra bells and whistles might appeal to some, but not me. No offense...
    10-09-10 07:53 AM
    UT was so full of bloatware stuff and hard to make out what was going on IMO...ended up just sticking to facebook...

Was thinking of trying reguar Twitter, but after reading this, think I will pass on twitter all together.

10-09-10 08:06 AM
    Twitter for BB cos it is free and there are no adverts. I like it and am not afraid to say so.

10-09-10 09:22 AM
    I would have to say Twitter for BB as well. I never got all the bell and whistles of �T and never needed them...

So, in the end it comes down to Your needs. From my perspective T4BB is just a neat and simple Twitter client designed for BB and �T is for the advanced user with additional needs.
    10-09-10 09:31 AM
    Out of the two choices here I'd got for Twitter for Blackberry

I've moved to the Torch now and tried Twitter for BB again as it integrates into social feeds but I've turned that off now and I'm back to using Seesmic for BB. I also had a tweet the other day from Seesmic confirming they are working on integrating Facebook into their BB app just like the Desktop app so once that happens I'll be very happy.

I did used to use UberTwitter but ditched it along time ago as I really didn't like the UI but it's obviously a personal choice.
    10-09-10 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD