Ok... this is pretty strange, but I just downloaded RDM plus trial version. The app is great... but that's not the point of this thread.

So for craps and giggles, I just did the pinch to zoom think to see what would happen and much to my surprise it worked! Then I reversed the motion to zoom back out and it worked!

I realized after playing around with it, that it wasn't really pinching to zoom...but rather it was taking the motion and converting it to preset zoom in/out points.

Still this is really pretty cool and much easier than clicking menu zoom in/out.

SO... now I have a question. Why can't applications like BOLT and default browser do this?

I may be in the minority, but I think it's pretty cool that it is possible to use the pinch to zoom motion on the Storm 2 and actually have it emulate that it is zooming in/out.
    10-08-10 02:10 PM
    Theres nothing stopping any app from incorporating pinch/zoom on OS 4.7+. Its just up to the developer to implement it. RIM didnt make it as easy before though, in 6 they have.
    10-08-10 02:15 PM
    I agree pinch to zoom would be great but why don't you just click the screen of your Storm to zoom? More efficient than hitting the menu button then selecting zoom.

Works well for me.
    10-08-10 02:16 PM
    The menu zoom thing was referring specifically to that app. In the default browser I do this... although that menu takes up space if you referring to the default bare on the browser.
    10-08-10 02:22 PM
    The menu zoom thing was referring specifically to that app. In the default browser I do this... although that menu takes up space if you referring to the default bare on the browser.
    RDM+ is an awesome app! I bought the full version for half price over a year ago... Still pretty pricey.

If your default is set to full screen view, the bar at the bottom won't be there. To bring it up just tap the screen and it pops up, then zoom in/out, tap the screen again and it disappears... Pretty efficient, especially if your browsing with a single thumb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 03:31 PM
    The new facebook app has it as well if you're viewing a photo in full screen from an album.. I first noticed it in the facebook beta before this current release.
    10-08-10 03:57 PM
    The new facebook app has it as well if you're viewing a photo in full screen from an album.. I first noticed it in the facebook beta before this current release.
    If I remember, the Facebook app's way of implementing it was pretty sloppy, you use your fingers to pinch a square area then click to zoom in or something weird like that.

If you have Berryweather, pull up the radar map and you can use pinch to zoom on that.
    10-08-10 04:34 PM
    Pinch some working on some things, no surepress if using Opera Mini, so how hard would it be to convert the device over to non click touch only screen?
    10-08-10 05:08 PM
    Not hard, because touch screens have been around forever

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD