i bought my torch last week at rogers...and i do not think i am the only one but im having issues with hearing my phone...i think the volume on its ringtones are low...and also when im speaking with someone on the phone its hard to hear them but my friends say they can hear me just fine....my music plays loud on speaker..and headset...so im guessing earphone is ****? i need help i was wondering if anyone else having an issue like this...because ive hear it from 2 other people aswell!!!!...other then that i have no problems absolutely none!! its a great device!!!
    10-08-10 11:03 AM
    i think it's the phone in general..it's only an issue while i;m outside in busy areas but I can still hear it. But definitely lower then my 9700

my AT&T one had low volume levels as well..and same with my Rogers one.. i thought they would have fixed the issue by now with .246... but guess not.

i remember the 9700 or 8900 i forget which one it was that had issues at first but volume got much better after software updates..

hopefully that's the case with this one
    10-08-10 11:09 AM
    thanks man im really hoping they can fix it in future software updates....because theres no way its a deffective device i had others say this too in my area....and its a pisser because toronto is busy with street cars and busses and noise downtown i cant hear anything when i get a call outside its quite the pisser lol
    10-08-10 11:14 AM
    yah i agree... i work downtown as well and when i'm outside it's pretty hard to hear
    10-08-10 11:40 AM
    Same for my torch on Bell - the volume is horrible! At first I thought it was just the enhanced voice settings, but with any background noise, the phone becomes close to inaudible.
    10-09-10 12:29 PM
    I really think its an issue with the phone. A lot of people from different carriers are having the same issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 01:09 PM
    Main reason I sold my 9800 and went back to the 9700. For the life of me, I could not hear callers when there was the slightest background noise!

If RIM can fix this, I will be back.
    10-09-10 01:19 PM
    My main attraction to BlackBerry has been their typically excellent fundamental features (reception, battery life, etc.). However, the marginal battery life, sloppy slider, and poor call volume have been a dissappointment with the Torch 9800 hardware. I hope this is an aberration in their design philosophy, and not the shape of things to come.
    10-17-10 12:15 PM
    My main attraction to BlackBerry has been their typically excellent fundamental features (reception, battery life, etc.). However, the marginal battery life, sloppy slider, and poor call volume have been a dissappointment with the Torch 9800 hardware. I hope this is an aberration in their design philosophy, and not the shape of things to come.
    Well I got to say that I am with bell and live in downtown Toronto also and yes i do have the same problem with call volume. My settings are at 100% and still can't hear a thing outside. But other then that, my phone is perfect. battery lasted 3 days before i recharged it (not because it needed it) and no wiggle with the slider. I just hope that the next update for the OS 6 will fix this problem as i have read on here that most do have the same problem.
    10-17-10 07:46 PM
    My main complaint with the volume is when using the speakerphone which I always enjoyed using on my 8900. Is this something that can be fixed with software updates? I hope so.
    10-18-10 01:11 AM
    I am sure it is a software issue. When I was listening to Slacker Radio it was plenty loud enough but my call volume and podcast volume is not loud enough. Hoping RIM will get this fix on an updated OS.
    10-18-10 08:58 AM
    I'm pretty sure this will be addressed in an update. So if this is your only issue with the Torch, sit tight.
    10-18-10 10:49 AM
    Well for me its the same, its universal issue, and in honesty i hate the new LED, it harder to catch then any other bb
    10-18-10 11:20 PM
    Yup, the ringtone volume on this otherwise amazing device is horrendously low. My 4 previous Blackberry's have always had very loud ringers, so I don't know where RIM went wrong here. It seems okay for music and speakerphone though. I really hope a firmware update will address this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD