I've used my BB Tour over a year now and I love it, except for that message at the top of the screen. Upon reading posts in several BB online forums, I am discovering there seems to be no way to get rid of this message if you choose to use a carrier besides the carrier whose logo is stamped on the front of your phone. In my case, as it seems to be with many fellow Tour users, my phone was meant to be used with Sprint, but I choose to use T-Mobile, who had a better plan (in my opinion). I bought my phone outright so I wouldn't be tied to a contract. The phone works like a dream with the T-Mobile (GSM) card. But that pesky "Activation..." Message! I've tried all the suggestions with the ##000000 and ##11111. I tried calling Sprint (no help at all) because they are so unwilling to help if you did not choose to go with their plan. Therefore, your phone is hijacked forever unless you choose to submit and pay twice as much for a plan! I even tried to obtain my password with the hexidecimal readers and the cdma software. That was before I understood the difference between the cdma and gsm carriers. I just hope that in future, since there are so many of us traveling internationally, with a need to use both gsm and cdma, BB will fix this issue. Maybe they will even come up with an upgrade or an update to help those of us type A personalities who find it difficult to live with this less than perfect situation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 07:15 AM
    Why should Sprint help you with the phone if you don't have service with them? Because if you don't have service with them, then what you have is the Blackberry Tour 9530, it's not called the Sprint Tour 9530, call Blackberry.
    On another note, maybe try reloading the OS.
    10-09-10 11:12 AM
    {Ignoring the unnecessary "Sprint" comment) how does one reload the OS?
    10-14-10 04:55 AM
    Nevermind, found reload procedure on BB 101.
    10-14-10 04:58 AM
    This will not fix your issue, the device is branded to that carrier.
    10-14-10 05:01 AM
    The only way the activation required message will go away is to go into the manual program options and enter a phone number and a home SID which you can use Sprints So Cal 4145. Either way you need to have your 6 digit code to do this. The activation required thing is because of the CDMA technology in your phone and happens on all phones using it.
    10-15-10 09:57 AM
    Try this: on the main screen, select 'manage connections'... then, in the menu, select mobile network options; then on the 'network technology' select 'gsm/umts' so the phone will quit looking for a CDMA signal.
    10-15-10 12:25 PM
    Try this: on the main screen, select 'manage connections'... then, in the menu, select mobile network options; then on the 'network technology' select 'gsm/umts' so the phone will quit looking for a CDMA signal.
    Unfortunately with CDMA it has more to do with CDMA programming than the BB it self. Even if the CDMA radio is turned off in most cases your phone will show this message because it has not been programmed with any subscriber data. Since there is no active CDMA service in his case *228 is out so he has to manually program it with a phone number and SID. Once that is done the message will go away. This is a pain of using a CDMA preferred device

As to the 6 digit code you need I am no help for getting that but I know others here on CB have that knowledge. If only they took the Verizon approach and made it all 0s.

Good luck
    10-15-10 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD