I have a 2009 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT GT with factory Bose. I have been successfully using my Blackberry Tour with the MX-5's bluetooth system to make and receive phone calls since I got the car in 2009. This system is flawless.

I have also been plugging the Blackberry into the aux port using a cable and playing music, which works well.

Is there a way to play the Blackberry's music thru the Miata's bluetooth system instead of having to use the aux input? I am not going to change the stock system. There may be a Blackberry setting I am not familiar with.

Thanks all!
    10-07-10 10:27 AM
    If the system supports A2DP, then yes, it should be able to play over your bluetooth in your factory system just fine. Make sure you are on the proper channel/source setting on your car's head unit.

Just pair the phone with your car and try to play a music file with the built-in media player. Does it play over the speakers in your car?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 12:51 PM
    Mine works seemlessly. I have a Kenwood DNX8120 though. I don't think a majority of factory bluetooth integrations support A2DP however.
    With Aftermarket, Control of the external device is also supported. As is my case. It works pretty sweet too. I regularly listen to Pandora in my vehicle which is apparently a pretty special thing to be able to do.
    10-07-10 01:46 PM
    Mine works seemlessly. I have a Kenwood DNX8120 though. I don't think a majority of factory bluetooth integrations support A2DP however.
    With Aftermarket, Control of the external device is also supported. As is my case. It works pretty sweet too. I regularly listen to Pandora in my vehicle which is apparently a pretty special thing to be able to do.
    yeah i told him to try it with the built-in media player, but really, i never use that. i'm a slacker guy (not a big fan of the app itself because it freezes more than id like it to, but it has way better variety than pandora ever did for me). shame, because pandora was fast on my tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 01:50 PM
    I just bought a 2010 Mazda and I have a blackberry tour as well. If you use the steering wheel controls and say "setup" the choose "select music player" you should be able to select it. Then you simply start playing music on your phone and hit the AUX button on your car and it should say BT Searching and then connect.
    Last edited by cphelps2990; 10-07-10 at 11:11 PM.
    10-07-10 11:09 PM
    @SpritsFade:

I already paired the phone - as I said above, I've been using the BB successfully, and nope, it won't plat music over the speakers when in bluetooth mode.

@cphelps2990:

Thanks for your helpful post. I tried your instructions, but the Bose system in this 2009 MX-5 does not give an option for "music player". Might be you have a newer or different system in your car with A2DP. I sure do appreciate it, tho!
    10-09-10 01:57 PM
    Just because your car supports bluetooth doesn't mean it supports Stereo Bluetooth. For example the 2008 infiniti g37 supports only mono bluetooth. It was not until recently they updated it to support stereo bluetooth. In other words it wont work on your car unless you change the head unit.
    10-11-10 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD