I recently purchased a Jawbone Prime for use with my Blackberry Storm 9530. While I can pair the device just fine and it doesn't seem to have some of the disconnect problems that I have read about I am concerned about the range. The quality of the received audio is fine as long as I hold the Storm within about 2 feet of the jawbone. If I move it a little farther away the audio becomes scratchy. I have played with the volume controls but this doesn't have any impact.

I had an old Jawbone (the original) and it does the same thing. I never had this problem when I used to use a Blackberry Pearl or a Motorola Razr before that.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I appreciate any guidance.

Tom
    10-07-10 06:32 AM
    You could try a different OS on the storm. I know some OS had better quality issues than others. I was on the latest .797 I believe and I could be 10-15 feet away before I noticed any distortion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 09:04 AM
    I had used the Prime with my S2 and did not have any issues. I will say that I did upgrade to the new Icon and that is one fine piece of equipment for the price. I had a radio blaring in the background, New York City traffic and asked the other party if they heard any background noise. They said only my voice.
    10-08-10 06:47 AM
    I just purchased the Jawbone Icon Thinker on line and am waiting for it to arrive. I will post my results as soon as I receive it. Hopefully it will work with my S1.
    10-08-10 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD