My local store in Orange Park, FL reports that they will have a Torch-like phone in 4Q. He said it will have both a screen and physical keyboard. That info comes from his recent training.
    10-06-10 04:29 PM
    you sir get a 9670!
    10-06-10 04:58 PM
    No! (stomping foot) I want my new STORM!!!

Seriously, if VZW doesn't have some kind of new offering for Blackberry at the end of the year, I think lots of users will be very unhappy. Still holding out hope for a late year announcement on a true Storm 3.
    10-06-10 05:12 PM

Seriously, if VZW doesn't have some kind of new offering for Blackberry at the end of the year, I think lots of users will be very unhappy. Still holding out hope for a late year announcement on a true Storm 3.
    They are working on a LTE storm.
    10-06-10 05:14 PM
    Oh, that would make my 2011! Hope you're right! That would be STORM NEXGEN!
    10-06-10 05:19 PM
    Well there's an Android phone being released to Verizon that looks a lot like a Torch. 3.1 inch screen display, verticle slider keyboard, froyo 2.2
    10-06-10 07:19 PM
    Droid pro is not a vertical slider its candy bar phone with keyboard similar to a bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 08:24 PM
    Droid pro is not a vertical slider its candy bar phone with keyboard similar to a bold

I wasn't talking about the droid pro.
    It's the Motorola Spice
    10-06-10 08:43 PM
    If RIM would come out with a phone like the upcoming Droid Pro, they would sell a boat load of them. Wasnt that supposed to be the Magnum or Dakota or something like that. When MOTO releases the Droid Pro, I think it will be a hot seller. RIM are you listening?
    10-06-10 08:49 PM
    I wasn't talking about the droid pro.
    It's the Motorola Spice
    Oops my bad , I was thinking of droid pro and thought you are talking about it too.

10-06-10 10:01 PM
    My local store in Orange Park, FL reports that they will have a Torch-like phone in 4Q. He said it will have both a screen and physical keyboard. That info comes from his recent training.
    Really? A screen AND a physical keyboard? lol.
    10-07-10 12:28 PM
    Well there's an Android phone being released to Verizon that looks a lot like a Torch. 3.1 inch screen display, verticle slider keyboard, froyo 2.2
    I'll believe that when I see it. What's it called and when's it available?
    10-08-10 01:47 AM
    If RIM would come out with a phone like the upcoming Droid Pro, they would sell a boat load of them. Wasnt that supposed to be the Magnum or Dakota or something like that. When MOTO releases the Droid Pro, I think it will be a hot seller. RIM are you listening?
    Well they aren't selling that fugly thing to me. I really don't think professional business people will be interested either. They'd be laughed out of every business meeting they attended once the other participants saw their phone. If they want to sell Droids to business people they'd better do something about the styling of their phones because they are MISSING the boat with their freaking fugly designs and to big/heavy phones. Where they get off calling this "Pro" is beyond me because I'm thinking Pro stands for Professional and this phone is far from professional looking.

The way I look at it, if you want a toy buy a Droid if you need a more work geared phone buy a Blackberry. Nothing wrong with either need, just pick wisely.
    10-08-10 02:10 AM
    Well they aren't selling that fugly thing to me. I really don't think professional business people will be interested either. They'd be laughed out of every business meeting they attended once the other participants saw their phone. If they want to sell Droids to business people they'd better do something about the styling of their phones because they are MISSING the boat with their freaking fugly designs and to big/heavy phones. Where they get off calling this "Pro" is beyond me because I'm thinking Pro stands for Professional and this phone is far from professional looking.

The way I look at it, if you want a toy buy a Droid if you need a more work geared phone buy a Blackberry. Nothing wrong with either need, just pick wisely.
    This from someone with a 9530? How many business meeting have you been laughed out of?
    10-08-10 02:14 AM

I think you better stop stomping and start looking at other phones, they canceled Storm3 .. first page on Crackberry tonight when I dropped by. I've been holding out for Storm 3, too hoping it would be VZW's version of the Torch ... I really hate all these rumors and how the makers can't just be up front and tell us what to expect so we can plan accordingly.
    Last edited by debsbb; 10-08-10 at 02:20 AM.
    10-08-10 02:17 AM
    This from someone with a 9530? How many business meeting have you been laughed out of?
    Not a single one, in fact people tell me all the time they love my phone and ask what kind it is.
    10-08-10 04:34 AM
    Not a single one, in fact people tell me all the time they love my phone and ask what kind it is.
    No one who knew ANYTHING about smartphones would ever make that statement.
    10-08-10 04:59 AM
    Google Motorola Spice. I have no idea when it's available because it's only available to Verizon and I'm on AT&T.
    10-08-10 05:12 AM
    Here ya go.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...motorola-spice
    10-08-10 06:13 AM

I don't know what type of business meetings you're in but their are less and less Blackberrys and more Droids & iPhones.
    10-08-10 06:22 AM
    Amuses me how the "toy" word is supposed to be an insult, guess the same could be said about the word "ignorant"
    10-08-10 06:29 AM
    Amuses me how the "toy" word is supposed to be an insult, guess the same could be said about the word "ignorant"
    I guess you can't read, I never considered my comment to be an insult and added that whatever your need choose wisely. Don't read between the lines. The Droids I'm so much as a little bit familiar with are geared for gamers and entertainment. Some people want this but I don't want or need a hand held entertainment center. These things seem like when you get a new computer and the manufacturer loads the sucker up with all kinds of games and other garbage like AOL and blah blah blah. I wind up deleting 90% of all that crap and I really don't want to have to go thru this on my phone either.

I'm not saying I wouldn't get one either IF they came up with one that wasn't so freaking ugly, big and heavy and offered what I need. Having seen the supposedly upcoming Spice (to those who contributed ... thanks SO MUCH!) and reading about it, looks like Motorola may have a winner for my wants and needs. If VZW would get off their butts and put out some new phones (Spice included) I'd head over and check it out.
    10-08-10 06:42 AM
    I don't know what type of business meetings you're in but their are less and less Blackberrys and more Droids & iPhones.
    We're not talking about a business meeting of the High School Yearbook Committee, but a BOD's meeting where BBs still rule. If the people in the meeting are using company assigned phones, they are BBs.
    10-08-10 06:58 AM
    We're not talking about a business meeting of the High School Yearbook Committee, but a BOD's meeting where BBs still rule. If the people in the meeting are using company assigned phones, they are BBs.
    Very important distinction.
    10-08-10 07:19 AM
    I believe that was the point of distinction.

High School Yearbook Committe = Gingerbread (or muffin, or cookie, or whatever the names are)

Board of Directors meetings = Blackberries on BES

Certain companies still prefer BES on their environments and certain other organisations will have nothing except BES on theirs.
    10-08-10 07:33 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD