apparently there is better video and audio streaming support among other things.

Bolt Browser 2.3 Improves Mobile Streaming | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Last edited by r3g; 10-06-10 at 03:57 PM.
    10-06-10 03:46 PM
    But just as slow as before. Bolt is better than Opera in every way but speed. But to me, speed means almost everything. Back to Opera I go.
    10-06-10 05:49 PM
    I don't know where you're coming from. I was getting on here to say that the new version of Bolt is even faster than before. I can't believe how quick it is.
    10-06-10 05:51 PM
    Its plenty fast for me on 3g or WiFi.
    10-06-10 06:09 PM
    Did I get a defective download or have you guys never used Opera?
    10-06-10 06:16 PM
    I've been using Opera since version 4.2... Try reinstalling it or doing a battery pull. Or maybe your network is just slower than some other places.
    10-06-10 06:21 PM
    Did I get a defective download or have you guys never used Opera?
    I've used Opera and am not a fan. This version is very fast. Try a different download.
    10-06-10 07:31 PM
    It's a solid improvement. I just wish they gave the option to change the font and supported dynamic scripts.
    10-06-10 07:39 PM
    Thanks for posting.
    10-06-10 08:50 PM
    Does Bolt have a zoom feature yet? I haven't used it in a while but last time I did you could not zoom in and out like you can with Opera or the native browser.
    10-07-10 07:53 AM
    I love Opera, but I cannot use it anymore. It is just too slow (not the page load). It just feels like I'm "remoted into it" while using it so to speak. navigating the UI in it is just a pain in the arse. Bolt is great in regards to that. It's definitely a nice alt to the crappy azz default bb browser
    10-07-10 07:57 AM
    Does Bolt have a zoom feature yet? I haven't used it in a while but last time I did you could not zoom in and out like you can with Opera or the native browser.
    Nope. No zoom. It still has the feature that allows you to press '5' and it will shrink the page and show a larger pane at the bottom. I still have not figured out the concept behind that. It's slow and cumbersome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 08:00 AM
    Nope. No zoom. It still has the feature that allows you to press '5' and it will shrink the page and show a larger pane at the bottom. I still have not figured out the concept behind that. It's slow and cumbersome.

That's too bad. I think I'll pass then. Viewing full webpages on a moble device without being able to zoom in and out is a PITA.
    10-07-10 08:09 AM
    I also like the new Bolt. However, Opera 5.0 still runs faster on my phone.
    10-07-10 09:08 AM
    When you guys say it "runs faster", what are you talking about? Page load speed? or browser UI navigation? or what

just curious..
    10-07-10 09:10 AM

i think the idea is so you can have a good overview of the entire page but still be able to read text in specific areas. i cant say i use it ofen but it does come in handy and makes some webpages easier to navigate. I do miss the overview function of Opera 4.2
    10-07-10 09:42 AM
    I'm speaking of pageload speed.
    10-07-10 09:57 AM
    Opera mini runs so sluggishly on my S2 I deleted it..twice. I heard how it's so "fast" and I tried it again 1 month after I deleted it the first time. It went into the bin within 5 mins and 1 battery pull.
    10-07-10 10:15 AM
    these browsers never seemed to give consistent performance between different bb models. as for the browsers themselves i definitely have never seen either browsers out perform the other by any significant margin. What it comes down to for me is the fact that opera only displays mobile sites in many cases and the loss of the overview function is a deal breaker. Not to mention the busted cursor. Bring back opera 4.2 with tabbed browsing and I'm in.
    10-07-10 10:36 AM
    The one important thing that's missing is animations in pages. At least it is on my phone. No animated weather radar is a major irritation to me.

Maybe there is a setting somewhere that I need to change but I haven't been able to find it.

Otherwise I quite like it.
    10-07-10 11:15 AM
    I very back and forth between Bolt and Opera and figured I would give the update a try. It does seem to render pages faster but I liked the text input much better on the previous version. I like the fact that it opened a texting like screen. Now when typing directly on the screen, unless I'm missing something, it doesn't do auto correct in things like contractions and caps. Also there is no spell check, maybe it's just me but those are features I'm used to having, so constantly hitting the alt and cap key is an annoying.

Edit: Sorry pointless post. In preferences you can set it to the old way.
    Last edited by crump84; 10-07-10 at 11:50 AM.
    10-07-10 11:46 AM
    Edit: Sorry pointless post. In preferences you can set it to the old way.
    nice. glad to see they included a way to revert back & not just changing a big feature like that out of nowhere
    10-07-10 01:58 PM
    I like the new bolt browser. Seems to be running pretty decent on my S2. Not gonna uninstall Opera quite yet though.
    10-07-10 02:04 PM
    Yes, Bolt does have a zoom feature. Check out the Bolt website. Here is what I found on their website.....

# BOLT employs the following common BlackBerry shortcuts: - Press the Space key to insert a period (.) in the URL address bar
    # - Press the Escape key to move back to the previous Web page
    # - On a Web page, press the Space key and the Shift key to move up a screen*
    # - On a Web page, press the Space key to move down a screen*
    # - Press t or T to move to the top of a Web page*
    # - Press b or B to move to the bottom of a Web page*
    # u - Scroll Up
    # n - Scroll Down
    # h - Scroll Left
    # k - Scroll Right
    # i or I - Zoom In
    # o or O - Zoom Out
    # d - Toggle full-screen and split-screen view
    # e - Page Up
    # x - Page Down
    # s - Page Left
    # f - Page Right
    # r or g - Open URL widget
    # a - History
    # w - Start Page
    # z or v - Find in Page
    # c - Forward
    # qu and q+Up key - New Tab
    # qn and q+Down key - Close Tab
    # qh and q+Left key - Previous Tab
    # qk and q+Right key - Next Tab
    # qr and qg - Web Search
    # qd - Reload Page

i OR I to zoom in and o OR O to zoom out. I love Bolt and have been using it for a while now. I have tried Opera and found it difficult to use and navigate. Just my personal preference.
    10-07-10 02:17 PM
    So far running great on my storm2 better than stock browser.
    10-07-10 02:18 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD