After upgrading to OS 6.0.0.280 my custom profile settings changed. Not totally, but the actual sounds/songs (w/e you want to call it) that it plays for my ringtone, alarm, notifications, all that stuff changed. So my question is, is there a way to look through my backup folder and see what sounds/songs i had on the device before the upgrade? The sounds/songs it has now are annoying! Thanks!

Do you think i should revert back to 5.xxxx, restore my settings, and write everything down, then reup to 6.0.0.280?
    Last edited by MattD; 10-06-10 at 07:34 AM.
    10-06-10 07:12 AM
    There have been posts about 6.0 having many fewer ringtones and ways to get back 5.0 ringtones, here is one from this forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/how...es-os6-530509/
    10-06-10 08:58 AM
    That will happen, it always does when you are upgrading to a NEW Operating System! Be prepared to reset all your profiles (Loud, Medium, Contact Alerts, ECT..)
    10-06-10 09:10 AM
    That will happen, it always does when you are upgrading to a NEW Operating System! Be prepared to reset all your profiles (Loud, Medium, Contact Alerts, ECT..)
    Only happens when the ringtones are new and the old ones are deleted OR when the new OS doesn't restore the icon layout. The other settings are always in the backup and are restored when you restore your settings.
    10-06-10 09:32 AM
    After upgrading to OS 6.0.0.280 my custom profile settings changed. Not totally, but the actual sounds/songs (w/e you want to call it) that it plays for my ringtone, alarm, notifications, all that stuff changed. So my question is, is there a way to look through my backup folder and see what sounds/songs i had on the device before the upgrade? The sounds/songs it has now are annoying! Thanks!

Do you think i should revert back to 5.xxxx, restore my settings, and write everything down, then reup to 6.0.0.280?
    You should check out the Leaked OS6 threads. Most of these things are in there with different resolutions people have posted.
    10-06-10 09:34 AM
    Thanks for the link tmord... i'll have to check it out. Genikah, i guess it's a good think i only use Silent and my Custom Profile! Only have to fix one!! rts3k, yeah, i suppose i could have checked there too, but there are so many threads pertaining to 6.0 stuff, didn't feel like spending hours upoon hours on there for this little thing!
    10-06-10 09:38 AM
    I know. There are thousands of posts. Just a suggestion in case you didn't see them. Good luck
    10-06-10 10:06 AM
    Dont get me wrong rts3k, i am thankful for the reply... i was just saying. But i am going to check out that section.
    10-06-10 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD