I I am currently running the blackberry tour and was considering switching to the droid...maybe the droid 2 or the x....what are others doing? do you like it better then the bb? I love my bb but think that you can do a little more with the droid...which i dont udnerstand why!? please let me know your thoughts on the bb vs. droid..thanks!!
    10-05-10 08:01 PM
    BlackBerry's forte is messaging with media as a secondary aspect. The Droids are geared heavily towards multimedia, oh, and they message, also. Just make sure you have plenty of charging access if you switch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 10-05-10 at 10:48 PM.
    10-05-10 08:13 PM
    I I am currently running the blackberry tour and was considering switching to the droid...maybe the droid 2 or the x....what are others doing? do you like it better then the bb? I love my bb but think that you can do a little more with the droid...which i dont udnerstand why!? please let me know your thoughts on the bb vs. droid..thanks!!
    It depends what your needs are and what kind of user you are. For the majority, Android is the superior option, but if you send hundreds of emails a day you may want to reconsider.
    10-05-10 09:30 PM
    For me my device has to be a phone first. My blackberry performs very well in this area. My other priority is messaging and again I choose blackberry. Multimedia, capability is last on my list of requirements and the weakest area of blackberriy devices. If your priority is multimedia the Android is probably your best choice.
    10-05-10 09:46 PM
    Yep, I will echo everything else, messaging and phone work really well on BB and honestly I can get by with the media end, just Andriod does that better, but always had to charge my Andriods 2x a day if not more....also found out I needed UMA and BB through TMobile does that flawlessly, however the new G2 has UMA lite, so might try Andriod again.

Depends on what you do more...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 09:56 PM
    I went from the Tour to the Droid 2. I won't be going back until/unless RIM really steps up the hardware and the BIS to allow for browsing of folders in your email box. Android allows you to do that with Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo.

The internet is worlds better than on the BB, and has Flash 10.1. It renders full websites as fast or faster than my Tour would load wap sites.

Touch screen is handy for browsing websites since you can zoom and scroll easily, and there is more screen real estate.

The more you have the screen on, the quicker the battery will drain. I have a seidio extended battery which does add bulk but also adds capacity obviously.
    10-05-10 10:52 PM
    I am a huge fan of my BB. I have the Bold. It is great for work and also does what I personally want it to do.

But that is me. If you have an inkling of staying with BB, at least give yourself some time with the Bold 9650, which is what the Tour 9630 should have been.

That being said, if you really think that Droid is for you, then NOW is the time to do it.

Verizon has recently said they will be going to tiered data plans. The assumption of all is that if you are on an unlimited plan, you are grandfathered to that, as long as you stay with your current plan. Droids use more data than BB as BB compresses data before it is pushed/received by your phone. So that unlimited plan is a big thing for Droid users, especially if you consume a lot of media (streaming, videos, etc.).

That's just my $.02.
    10-06-10 07:42 AM
    I came from android and iphone before.

Android is much better than iphone, it does many things very well. But in some important areas It is not as good as BB.

Also for been able to do many things the handset has to big what is nice if you are at home in the sofa but not for having it in your pocket. I do believe that now with the tablets the people would go back to smaller phones.
    10-06-10 08:28 AM
    there are positives and negatives to each platform.

with blackberry you have a great phone (probably the best of all smartphones) but horrible web browsing. with android you get great web browsing but everything else has tons of little quirks that may turn some people off. with me personally though, i'm using my phone less and browsing more so i'm leaning towards android for my next phone unless RIM shows me something by year's end. all the fragmentation within android is really scary though. google needs to clean it all up with gingerbread before the fragmentation ruins the experience.

i'm gonna hold off, grab some popcorn, and see how things shake down. i make keep my 8900 and buy a playbook if the price is right, i wanna try windows phone 7, see what gingerbread offers, and see if the iphone makes it to other carriers.
    10-06-10 10:04 AM
    I have to really follow everyone else on here. Ive had a few blackberry's(8703, 8830 and 8330) then went to iphone, then to the EVO. The androids really are great fro browsing etc. Even I have recently been missing some geatures of blackberry though. Can't really place exactly what it is(keyboard or what) so you do really have to weigh what you will be doing with it more. Or if you feel like/or can dish out the money for another line and use both, which is what I'm hoping to maybe do :-)
    10-06-10 11:21 PM
    I personally see no reason anyone would buy an Android phone unless you want Verizon and good web browsing. The iPhone is far superior for web/media and the BB is far superior for messaging/Outlook integration.
    10-07-10 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD