So I just updated my OS for my Curve 8900, I'm with Rogers, and once the download was complete, my phone told me I need to restart. So I did and now I've got nothing. Every minute or two the red indicator lights up, but the screen is dark. I was thinking about trying a hard boot (taking the battery out and putting it back in) but I am kind of afraid to do that. Anyone else having this issue, and know what to do about it?
    10-04-10 06:03 PM
    Can I ask why you upgraded to .822 when its been out for a long time? According to these forums several users have had a lot of problems with .822. I use .411 which is very stable and awesome. I think there is a way you can downgrade and I would advise you to try that.
    10-04-10 07:23 PM
    having tons of issues with 822 ! is that it for the updates on the 8900?
    10-04-10 08:52 PM
    So I just updated my OS for my Curve 8900, I'm with Rogers, and once the download was complete, my phone told me I need to restart. So I did and now I've got nothing. Every minute or two the red indicator lights up, but the screen is dark. I was thinking about trying a hard boot (taking the battery out and putting it back in) but I am kind of afraid to do that. Anyone else having this issue, and know what to do about it?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Actually, I was running another carrier's OS on my Rogers 8900 and that was ok except (as many people have encountered) my standby button didn't work. However, I just upgraded to the Rogers .822 OS and now everything works fine including the standby button and the calls seem clearer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 04:56 AM
    .822 will mostly likely messe up your ringtones/sound. I am happy with .681 and not planning to upgrade unless a new version is released.
    10-05-10 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD