I recently purchased a Brother wireless printer thinking that all I had to do is install it on my laptop that I use Tether as my primary means to get online. Well, I guess it's more complicated than that. I am now using the printer wired instead of wireless. My question is this...can I use my printer wirelessly despite the fact that I dont have a traditional ISP?
    10-02-10 10:13 AM
    I recently purchased a Brother wireless printer thinking that all I had to do is install it on my laptop that I use Tether as my primary means to get online. Well, I guess it's more complicated than that. I am now using the printer wired instead of wireless. My question is this...can I use my printer wirelessly despite the fact that I dont have a traditional ISP?
    Well if your printer is bluetooth then yes you can print wireless.... You just need to find your printer and bb and as long as they pair... you're good
    10-02-10 12:45 PM
    Well if your printer is bluetooth then yes you can print wireless.... You just need to find your printer and bb and as long as they pair... you're good
    If that works, does that mean that I can print from my laptop? I wanted to clarify that I don't want to print from my phone but from the laptop. I will try the bluetooth thing though. Thanks.
    10-04-10 09:46 AM
    If that works, does that mean that I can print from my laptop? I wanted to clarify that I don't want to print from my phone but from the laptop. I will try the bluetooth thing though. Thanks.
    sure you can print from your notebook if its bluetooth as well... if not then you can print wirelessly through your WLAN... you have to make sure you share your printer properties etc...you can do the same thing with the bb but there are apps for that to allow wireless printing to your network.....I would check first before buying
    10-04-10 12:05 PM
    sure you can print from your notebook if its bluetooth as well... if not then you can print wirelessly through your WLAN... you have to make sure you share your printer properties etc...you can do the same thing with the bb but there are apps for that to allow wireless printing to your network.....I would check first before buying
    Is WLAN wired? If so, that is how I have to use it unless I get a router. Not sure if I can get a router to work though since I dont have a traditional isp so no box to connect the router to.
    10-04-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD