I know this is a long discussed issue but I still can't get my head around it.

What's happening is that if I read an email on my device, the email will show as read in gmail and this is good
    If I read the email on Gmail instead, the email will stay unread or unopened on the device, which you agree is quite annoying.

I've set up the BB as IMAP as everyone suggested and also tried a lot of other stuff (deleting and recreating, manual setup of email server etc. etc.) but to no avail.

Now I am wondering, since 2-way sync is quite recent (August 2010) may it be that my Carrier (Virgin UK) has not upgraded or does not support this? Is there a way to know which version of BIS is Virgin UK using?

Thanks a lot for your help. I feel I'm getting there but little issue is still nagging me... :/
    10-01-10 02:52 PM
    Addendum: it seems that simply any change I do from Gmail does not get forwarded to my BB, not even email deletion, which is very very weird... I am wondering if the BB is simply saving everything to its internal memory but that does not make much sense to be honest... The more viable explanation is that Virgin is missing something from its BIS server.....
    10-01-10 03:02 PM
    Usually RIM implements BIS changes within a few weeks of each other. So I would say Virgin is most definitely on the current BIS release.

Gmail 2-way sync does not work the way you may think. Its instant from the BB to gmail, but delayed from 5 minutes to 6 hours in the opposite direction. Even IMAP on the BIS operates the same way.
    10-01-10 03:21 PM
    Yes I was about to say that. The change you make with your PC/Laptop may not show on your BB for a long time. I have seen 1 hour to 16 hours.
    10-01-10 04:29 PM
    That sucks, why is it set up like that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 07:49 PM
    Yahoo two way sync is al lot faster, Iess then a minute sometimes, I was quite surprised. I never had the patience to wait for gmail to sync from computer to BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 01:35 AM
    I went from the Iphone to Blackberry and the sync is much better on the Iphone. It is immediate. Blackberry is very slow. I don't have the patience to wait. Blackberry really needs to fix this.
    02-18-11 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD