Hey Everyone,

As usual we like to keep you informed. Everyone is asking us if the Rogers..Bell or Telus 9800 can be unlocked...the answer is YES!!

We have successfully unlocked Blackberry Torch 9800 from all 3 providers. As a matter of fact, we can unlock any 9800 regardless of the provider the phone is from.

The process is pretty much the same as will all other Blackberry phones, we simply need the IMEI/Provider of the phone in order to be able to retrieve the unlock code for you Blackberry.

The Blackberry Torch 9800 is now available from Bell, Rogers & Telus and is expected to be available to many other providers in the coming days.

So there you go! We're always ready for when you need us

Let us know if you need any help unlocking your Blackberry or if you have any questions.

Enjoy your Blackberry Torch 9800!
    09-30-10 10:30 AM
    What if I have a Bell Torch 9800 and since the service sucks, I want to move to Rogers... can I unlock my Bell Torch 9800, insert the Rogers SIM and would Bob be my uncle? lol...
    04-24-11 11:52 PM
    Good editorial! sometimes a few details can get left out but this one seems pretty solid.
    04-25-11 04:34 PM
    yeah pretty solid it is.
    04-27-11 08:15 AM
    What if I have a Bell Torch 9800 and since the service sucks, I want to move to Rogers... can I unlock my Bell Torch 9800, insert the Rogers SIM and would Bob be my uncle? lol...
    Yes you can use a Bell 9800 on Rogers/Telus/Fido once unlocked.
    04-27-11 10:00 AM
    Any phone with a sim card can be unlocked for other gsm networks! (unless it's 8830 etc. can only be used overseas)
    04-27-11 07:04 PM
    Phone has to be compatible too example 9530/9550/9630/9650 will not work on Bell or Telus because they only have 3G HSPA Networks and these phones are not compatible with those frequencies used. They will work on Rogers/Fido 2G.
    04-27-11 11:42 PM
    i think directions on how to move service books over would be great too on these forums! seems to get a lot of questions
    04-30-11 09:01 PM
    There are some guides here but mostly for AT&T/T-Mobile Service Books.
    05-01-11 12:09 AM
    We have those on lock down it's for overseas networks we have a really tough time trying to find directions
    05-05-11 10:30 PM
    Phone has to be compatible too example 9530/9550/9630/9650 will not work on Bell or Telus because they only have 3G HSPA Networks and these phones are not compatible with those frequencies used. They will work on Rogers/Fido 2G.
    That's right... but it' always good to have your phone unlocked because sometimes a good option will be just to sell your device, and unlocking it will make it easy.
    05-06-11 12:34 AM
    You guys should probably look at some of the other threads on the forum. There are a few about service books
    05-06-11 06:06 PM
    I previously paid for an unlocking service to unlock my Blackberry Torch subscribed with Telus. The service worked when I put a Rogers SIM card in.

However, I bought this service for my travel to the U.S. and my phone does not accept the AT&T SIM card I have.

I have called AT&T and the customer service rep said based on my IMEI code that my phone is not eligible for unlocking.

I really would like to use my Torch while I am here--what can I do?
    05-11-11 05:44 PM
    I previously paid for an unlocking service to unlock my Blackberry Torch subscribed with Telus. The service worked when I put a Rogers SIM card in.

However, I bought this service for my travel to the U.S. and my phone does not accept the AT&T SIM card I have.

I have called AT&T and the customer service rep said based on my IMEI code that my phone is not eligible for unlocking.

I really would like to use my Torch while I am here--what can I do?
    I assume you are trying to use a Prepaid SIM card? if so just go to an AT&T store and tell them your sim is defective and they will give you a new one and it will work. Reason for that is all prepaid SIM cards or the ones that come in Go Phones don't work in Blackberry phones so by having AT&T replace it for you (they will give you a regular SIM and transfer you prepaid account over) it will work.
    05-11-11 05:50 PM
    Should work just fine. A replacement sim may be your answer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 12:07 AM
    Thanks for your help everyone. I will go into AT&T and keep you posted.
    05-12-11 09:57 AM
    Thanks Cellunlocknet. My AT&T sim card is a prepaid sim.
    05-12-11 09:59 AM
    Thanks for your help everyone. I will go into AT&T and keep you posted.
    Your welcome mate. We're always here to help.
    05-12-11 01:30 PM
    ok i am sure I must have missed the answer. but my question is if I get lets say a rogers torch 9800 and get it unlock can i use it on bell network and have bbm and pin working on it or will I just be on the hspa network with txt and phone only??
    thanks in advance and sorry if to ask if its been answer already.
    05-13-11 05:14 AM
    ok i am sure I must have missed the answer. but my question is if I get lets say a rogers torch 9800 and get it unlock can i use it on bell network and have bbm and pin working on it or will I just be on the hspa network with txt and phone only??
    thanks in advance and sorry if to ask if its been answer already.
    Yes you will be able to use it on Bell and will also be able to use all features such as BBM/Browser/Emails etc..
    05-13-11 08:50 AM
    Agreed with Cellunlock.net. It'll work on Bell with all the features.
    05-13-11 12:42 PM
    sweet sweet. i picking up a rogers torch today and i am on bell so this will be a good day. if everything goes though. I remember back then when it was not like that. i guess it was just with the old cdma network. its about time I got on hspa I cant stand the 140 char limit in txting it drives me nuts and crunch slows down my phone.

so there are no extra setting juse get unlock phone put sim in and reg the pin on my account and I am all good to go?
    05-13-11 04:38 PM
    sweet sweet. i picking up a rogers torch today and i am on bell so this will be a good day. if everything goes though. I remember back then when it was not like that. i guess it was just with the old cdma network. its about time I got on hspa I cant stand the 140 char limit in txting it drives me nuts and crunch slows down my phone.

so there are no extra setting juse get unlock phone put sim in and reg the pin on my account and I am all good to go?
    Yes correct, once you unlock it, simply need to put your Bell SIM and you should be fine. Just make sure the Bell SIM is already activated on the Bell's 3G HSPA Network.

Let us know if you need any help.

Go Vancouver Canucks Go!
    05-13-11 04:51 PM

there's no extra setting to be done, just put your sim and you are good to go.
    05-14-11 06:27 PM
    Agreed. Most Canadian carriers will push Service Books over the air, especially because they carry the same models so know which ones to push.
    05-15-11 11:43 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD