I have a small problem that i need to resolve and please forgive my naivette but my girlfriend and I text eachother every single day and unfortunately my phone erased all of our text messages dating back to February 2008. Is there anyway to retrieve our past text messages? It would mean the world to us if we were somehow able to retrieve them. I didnt delete them from my phone, i think my phone just automatically did it
    07-19-08 09:39 PM
    Im pretty sure they are gone forever.
    07-19-08 09:58 PM
    You might be able to if you had backed up your phone before they were deleted??
    07-19-08 10:02 PM
    Check your free memory: Options/Status/File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below 10 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. Crackberry Genius Stoner developed this procedure to guide you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory well above 10 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has.
    07-19-08 10:05 PM
    Awww. Sorry to hear about that... Hopefully you backed up your BB like MNoorani said...
    07-19-08 10:05 PM
    It's the dreaded memory leak!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 10:06 PM
    If the text messages is dated back to February, that has to be at least a couple of thousand if not more. I would probably break down too if you put all that weight on me. :�)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD