I was really stoked over the announcement of Playbook and implementation of QNX but I was really hoping that there would some mention of the S3 as being in the works with a similar release date to the Playbook. Sadly it looks as though this will not be happening now and a result I fear that many B B users will now migrate to android or iPhone . just think RIM missed the boat on this and should have hit it out of the ballpark while they had the impetus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jacmeister68; 09-29-10 at 04:48 PM.
    09-29-10 04:17 PM
    im waiting for the S3 to,the torch will be out here tomorrow but i will let that one pass
    09-29-10 04:26 PM
    I was really stoked over the announcement of Playbook and implementation of QNX but I was really hoping that there would some mention of the S3 as being in the works with a similar release date to the Playbook. Sadly it looks as though this will not be happening now and a result I fear that many B B users will now migrate to android or iPhone . just think RIM missed the boat on this and should have hit it out of the ballpark while they had the impetus.

I'm wondering the same!
    09-29-10 04:28 PM
    The storm 3 is up my ****! :P

It's also nature's aim!

Adding some humor. When will another super storm hit toronto?

09-29-10 04:45 PM
    The other worry is that if users migrate will they come back . I know RIM will always retain a loyal fan base but you need revenue to be up to move forward and cannot afford to lose loads of subscribers.

09-29-10 04:46 PM
    Maybe they are holding off on the announcement until after the QNX based OS is ready for it. Seeing as though they've been releasing new devices constructed around their current OS technology, I would doubt it. The Storm3 rumor mill has been churning for a while, which makes me believe it would come out with OS6 or this Storm-specific OS. Then again, I didn't expect a PlayBook announcement with a QNX OS either.

09-29-10 05:19 PM
    I, too, am looking for some cold hard facts about the S3. I understand the need for development time and a measure of secrecy, but come on RIM! Throw us a bone here! Don't get me wrong. I love my Storm 2, and I'm 90% sure I'll be getting a PlayBook (with price being the only x-factor). Still, when my NE2 upgrade comes up with Verizon, I want to have enough information about the S3 beforehand to make a solid decision. The Incredible gets more and more tempting everyday...
    09-30-10 01:53 AM
    Seriously RIM, why hasn't the Storm or the Torch on all carriers yet? Your loyal fans want large touch screen phones? Sure the Bold, the Curve, and the Pearls were mainstream successes available on all carriers but times have changed. I can only hope RIM makes a new Storm 3 announcement soon and for all major carriers or I too will leave to most likely Android and the G2. I, for one, will not buy a refresh of a Bold. My habits have changed and I now use my phone for 90% browsing, 5% voice calls, and 5% other; I need a large screen.
    09-30-10 02:19 AM
    I don't think the delay of the Storm is as bad as it is being made out, people move away and come back all the time, I have 3 new BBM people since the Torch was launched who had left BB, and really missed the BB experience, and are back because of the torch.

SOO RIM may lose some, but some will come back and new people will join the fold with every new phone release.

SURE it would be nice if RIM was launching a new device every 2-3 months, so everyone gets regular upgrades to their favourite form factor, but that just doesn't seem to be the case.
    09-30-10 05:44 AM
    I don't think the delay of the Storm is as bad as it is being made out, people move away and come back all the time, I have 3 new BBM people since the Torch was launched who had left BB, and really missed the BB experience, and are back because of the torch.

SOO RIM may lose some, but some will come back and new people will join the fold with every new phone release.

SURE it would be nice if RIM was launching a new device every 2-3 months, so everyone gets regular upgrades to their favourite form factor, but that just doesn't seem to be the case.

I have read many of your posts and respect your opinion but on this one I
    think you are missing the point, RIM need to drive this forward for lots of different reasons. A hint that S3 is in the works running QNX is required, QNX will be miles better for the platform as it will allow developers to create the super apps more easily but it does not compromise the renowned security that BB has always had. While some are happy to come back, many BB users will be shortly leaving as their upgrades are up and they will not upgrade to a botched up 9700 (9780) or 9520 (9570). The jury is still out on the Torch.

Obviously, RIM cant just come out and say OS6 is rubbish and we are all going QNX because that will create destabilisation, but they have to act more quickly in getting one device out (S3) that will marry up with Playbook and then start to gradually phase out the OS6 devices come next summer. This way you keep the suits happy with their cheaper BES devices and the fanboys happy with their top end devices.
    09-30-10 06:13 AM
    I have read many of your posts and respect your opinion but on this one I
    think you are missing the point, RIM need to drive this forward for lots of different reasons. A hint that S3 is in the works running QNX is required, QNX will be miles better for the platform as it will allow developers to create the super apps more easily but it does not compromise the renowned security that BB has always had. While some are happy to come back, many BB users will be shortly leaving as their upgrades are up and they will not upgrade to a botched up 9700 (9780) or 9520 (9570). The jury is still out on the Torch.

Obviously, RIM cant just come out and say OS6 is rubbish and we are all going QNX because that will create destabilisation, but they have to act more quickly in getting one device out (S3) that will marry up with Playbook and then start to gradually phase out the OS6 devices come next summer. This way you keep the suits happy with their cheaper BES devices and the fanboys happy with their top end devices.

i don't think they'll announce the Storm3 anything for a little bit with the Storm 9570 coming soon
    09-30-10 03:57 PM
    If the engadget rumor holds true, the 9570 is history before it's even the present.
    I hope this isn't the case but things happen for a reason. Maybe rim can learn from it.

For once.
    09-30-10 08:02 PM
    yes, its canceled. smart move
    09-30-10 08:04 PM
    Damm RIM what's your next smart move huh?
    10-01-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD