On my 9500 I often use it as a media player, and will be alerted to a message via crunchSMS (which I really like!!)

However instead of using the back button to go back to the home screen then going to CrunchSMS or holding the BB Button and selecting the Home icon first...then crunchSMS

Is there a way of re-defining the Icons in the shortcut list that appear by default when you press and hold the BB Button? Apart from having that app open?
    09-29-10 03:02 PM
    No, you cannot change what icons show up when the BB button is held.

I recommend buying Quicklaunch. It's a great app for what you want to do but it also does alot more.
    09-29-10 03:04 PM
    To my knowledge the blackberry button only shows what apps are currently running so there's no way to customize the list besides just leaving a bunch of apps running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 03:05 PM
    It's not always "running apps". By default, it's also "some" of the native BB apps that come with the device. Browser/Phone/BBM will always show in that list, but it doesn't always mean that they are running.

But the rest of the info is correct. No way to change that around, but you could assign your apps to the side convenience keys if you wish to launch them quicker with just one press. You would of course lose the default function of that key assignment as it is, but you can try it and see if that gives you a quicker way of doing things.
    09-29-10 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD