I've been trying to solve my problem for a few days now but haven't succeeded. I've searched though the forum and others, I've loaded the latest DM 6.0.0.43 (bundle47) updated the 9500 to 5.0.0.841 Vodafone UK all done without any problems,used JL_Cmder a couple of times, always deleted the vendor.xml file and seached for any placed elswhere. My problem.
    The phone is the 9500 locked to Vodafone UK which I bought from eBay.
    What I want to do is email and surf. My sim is BT from an HTC phone (BT is on the back of Vodafone) thats why it works and gives me calls,SMS and MMS with unlimited data. Now I realise I cannot use the Blackberry browser and email,there is none so I had hoped to use third party sotware to do this.
    In the Service Book are two entries: MMS Config [WAP] & Wap Push Config [WAPPushConfig].
    If anyone can point me in the write direction, I'm not interested in push email( I would be if I could get it), I have my other phone check every 5 mins. It's a nice phone and I would like to use it, if possible, but without the high cost data plans.
    09-29-10 11:24 AM
    wont happen. BIS or Nothing. Phone needs to be registered and has to have a data plan.
    09-29-10 11:30 AM
    I have Verizon, and I don't know about Vodafone or BT, but if there was a way to get the phone to do internet data without paying for a data plan, Verizon would find a way to charge me a huge per byte usage fee.
    09-29-10 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD