Sorry if this is not the right section to post in, feel free to move thread to more appropriate location if one exists.

I have a Bold 9650 on Verizon running leaked 6.0.0.222. My girlfriend will be getting the new Curve 9330 when it is released from Verizon. In anticipation of her getting the device, I downloaded OS6 for the 9330 on to my computer. My question is, can I simply plug her device into my comuter and run the app loader to get OS6 on her device, or will having OS6 for the 9650 also on the computer brick the phone.

Thanks for any advice.
    09-29-10 09:30 AM
    Remove the 9650 OS, then install the 9330 OS, I dont think you can have both. You won't brick anything.
    09-29-10 09:33 AM
    After I load an OS onto my phone I always delete the app loader stuff from my PC, mainly because once I put it on my phone, I have no reason to keep it on my computer. But I do keep the actual set up or installer icon (you know, the thing you actually download from the internet) on the PC, you can have a billion of those on the same computer (if there is room)
    09-29-10 09:37 AM
    +1 keeping the installer files for both is fine.
    09-29-10 09:51 AM
    I've never had an issue having OS's for multiple devices installed on the same computer. Desktop manager is smart enough to know what model phone each OS is meant for. It will not install the wrong OS on a device.
    09-29-10 09:56 AM
    Thanks for confirming, never tried have 2 different device OS' installed at the same time.
    09-29-10 10:04 AM
    Install Blackberry Master Control Program. It lets you install any version OS for any device (you select it first within the program, which then fires up loader and loads the OS you selected)

Although, if it's a different device to begin with, you should just install both OSes since the loader wouldn't load the 9650 OS6 onto your g/f's Curve and vice versa.
    09-29-10 10:15 AM
    Thanks for the quick and helpful replies. To be safe, and without installing a third party app, I'll probably just delete the 9650 OS before running the app loader when I'm updating the 9330. Interesting to know that the software would be smart enough to load the right software, but I guess maybe better safe than sorry.
    09-29-10 10:23 AM
    I have OS's for the S1, S2, Torch and 9700. No issue with having them all together in the loader folder. The computer and device know what belongs where.

Multiple OS's for the same device has caused issues in the past, so I would remove old ones.
    09-29-10 10:26 AM
    Never had a problem, I have a 8230 os on my laptop and a 9700 on my laptop.

different devices its not an issue.
    when its different versions for the same phone is when problems occur
    09-29-10 10:32 AM
    Actually, fair enough, looks like I will keep both OS then and let the computer/device figure it out!
    09-29-10 10:37 AM
    Install Blackberry Master Control Program. It lets you install any version OS for any device (you select it first within the program, which then fires up loader and loads the OS you selected)

Although, if it's a different device to begin with, you should just install both OSes since the loader wouldn't load the 9650 OS6 onto your g/f's Curve and vice versa.
    +1 for Blackberry Master Control Program. Used it with my hybrids before. Keeps track of everything my feeble brain cannot.
    09-29-10 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD