Is it me or am I feelin like the bold 9700 camera was great compared to the non focusing and delay on the flashcamera on the torch. Anyone with me on this? I used to take pictures in clubs where it is dark and the pics used to come out super clear. The torch is blurry when I take pictures. Also when you first take a pic on the torch its pretty clear and than once it saves and you go back to it, its lesser quality. Anyone seeing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 08:54 AM
    Picture quality will be fixed in an upcoming OS release.
    09-29-10 09:00 AM
    You heard that somewhere? And any idea when?

09-29-10 09:03 AM
    It is not the greatest camera but 5 MP for the Torch versus 2+ MP for the 9700, come on.
    09-29-10 09:36 AM
    More MP does not equal better quality pictures...just for the record.

09-29-10 09:50 AM
    Is it me or am I feelin like the bold 9700 camera was great compared to the non focusing and delay on the flashcamera on the torch. Anyone with me on this? I used to take pictures in clubs where it is dark and the pics used to come out super clear. The torch is blurry when I take pictures. Also when you first take a pic on the torch its pretty clear and than once it saves and you go back to it, its lesser quality. Anyone seeing this?

non focusing? it focuses fine for me. whats it not doing for you?
    09-29-10 10:21 AM
    9700? 3.2mp wasnt it?
    09-29-10 11:22 AM
    More MP does not equal better quality pictures...just for the record.

so true. iphone 3gs still beats most any 5mp phone camera out there today.

torch i did see an improvement in picture quality, but the delay is brutal.
    09-29-10 12:18 PM
    so true. iphone 3gs still beats most any 5mp phone camera out there today.

torch i did see an improvement in picture quality, but the delay is brutal.
    If you need a fast shutter just use sports mode...
    09-29-10 01:00 PM
    non focusing? it focuses fine for me. whats it not doing for you?
    There's no way it focuses better than the 9700...it doesn't get clear at all

09-29-10 01:22 PM
    There's no way it focuses better than the 9700...it doesn't get clear at all

I can't speak to the quality of the 9700, but I don't have any issues with the Torch's autofocus. Clarity looks fantastic to me.
    09-29-10 01:42 PM
    Change your autofocus setting to "single shot"

09-29-10 02:13 PM
    I have good quality pics from my Torch. I've even gotten compliments on the high quality of some of them. Far better than the 3.2MP camera that was in my Curve. I did what xandermac suggested and switched the autofocus option to "single shot". I've also used the different modes and find them useful.
    09-29-10 02:54 PM
    Does anyone see that when you take a pic its clear but when you look at the same pic again after it saves it looks less clear

09-29-10 03:37 PM
    i find when it freezes on the screen tricking me into thinking it took a picture it actually took it 2 seconds later and is a different picture. Changed to single shot and didnt really see a change.

Also, why is there no easy way to toggle the flash in video mode.. there is an icon that should be a button, but no its buried in the menu ala iphone!
    10-02-10 02:49 AM
    leave the picture open for a few seconds, and the quality improves. At least that's how its working on mine. I was also puzzled at the quality but then i gave it a few seconds and it rendered it at a higher resolution
    10-02-10 04:36 AM
    I was amazed how fast the 9800 camera takes pictures, and I'm coming from a 9700 as well. My Torch takes the picture the instant I touch the camera icon/button as long as the flash doesn't have to go. If it requires the flash then it takes a second but so did my 9700. I have the focus set to continuous.
    10-02-10 06:38 AM
    i find when it freezes on the screen tricking me into thinking it took a picture it actually took it 2 seconds later and is a different picture. Changed to single shot and didnt really see a change.

Also, why is there no easy way to toggle the flash in video mode.. there is an icon that should be a button, but no its buried in the menu ala iphone!
    Open the camera app - hit the BB button to bring up the menu - there's a selection called "Autofocus" that expands to another menu - make sure that is on continuous instead of single shot.

As for the video camera...I don't know why you can't click that button to turn the flash on or off. You can open the keyboard and the space bar will toggle the light though.
    10-02-10 08:14 AM
    My 9700 seems to take better photos than my wife's Tour? I expected similar results being they are both 3.2MP.

Quite impressed over my 2.0MP 8130.
    10-02-10 08:37 AM
    The Torch camera is FAR better than the 9700, I find.

The camera interface IS a little different and not necessarily better in some respect, but I do find the picture and video quality to be better, especially in lower light with no flash.

10-02-10 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD