I really cant wait till the blackberry playbook comes out , however i am wondering if the facetime on the playbook , will be able to connect, like see people with facetime on the iphone4 or the ipad (not sur ipad has it whatever whocares)
    09-28-10 10:42 PM
    The ipad doesn't have any cameras, not yet anyway. Don't forget about that built-in obsolescence that Apple loves to include, free of charge, with every purchase of their devices.

As far as an iphone 4 and a Playbook being interoperable for video conferencing or video calls, I think it will be available, but through a 3rd party application.... Like skype or oovoo or a similar service.
    09-28-10 11:10 PM
    Third party is probably the best option, but the HD video sounds like a good catch, on level with the iPad
    09-29-10 12:00 AM
    Can we call it Video Conferencing please? WTF, everyone all of a sudden calls VC Facetime? Come on...
    09-29-10 09:48 AM
    Can we call it Video Conferencing please? WTF, everyone all of a sudden calls VC Facetime? Come on...
    lol the influence of Apple heh?
    09-29-10 06:36 PM
    retina display
    09-29-10 08:35 PM
    I agree, video conferencing came out like over 5 years ago and it never really pick up because people still prefer to chat through text. All of a sudden apple adds a new feature called Facetime to their iPhones brainwashed consumers to think that they invented the idea of video chatting makes them an innovator.

Just like the iPhone 4 is not a 4G phone in which I have to politically correct people on a daily basis. It's misleading marketing and people think Apple is like the inventor of the 4G network.
    09-29-10 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD