check out berryfication editor rezn's review of SLATE here!
    bbt's SLATE by bbt Designs | Berryfication Theme of the Week!

Hey guys!

SLATE is now available for 85xx devices!
    its been out about for a little while now, just needed to port it over!

It's got some pretty unique features I think youll enjoy, and was entirely handcoded, so even with all the moving elements (like the today area) and icons on the homescreen, SLATE runs incredibly smooth.
    some unique features:
    8 icon sliding, hideable dock + 1 slot for weather next to the clock
    12 today item previews on homescreen (swipe between calendar, messages and sms)
    customizable and wallpaper friendly
    hide weather slot, dock, today area via shortcut keys
    options panel that allows you to customize or hide banners (see navigation preview below)
    available with os6 icons or custom icons (see screens)
    no transitions
    handcoded svg for optimal performance, no lag, just smooth
    So here is SLATE!

There are 8 shortcuts on the homescreen (use the caps key for letters):
    • N = BBM
    • M = Messages
    • $ = SMS/MMS
    • L = Profiles
    • @ = Connections
    • Spacebar = Slot 10 in application list
    • K = Calendar
    • O = Options

And homescreen feature shortcuts

• * shows dock, # hides it
    • Z shows weather icon, X hides it
    • + shows options panel, # or * hides it
    • G shows today area, H hides it (Calendar<-SWIPE->Messages<-SWIPE->SMS/MMS)

And SLATE comes in multiple versions, to fit your needs!

• Blacked out with original icons
    • Normal with original icons
    • Blacked out with OS6 icons
    • Normal with OS6 icons

Links are up!

let me know what you think!
    And feel free to post screenshots!

Enjoy!
    bbt

**please do a battery pull after installing a new theme!**
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 10-07-10 at 05:20 PM.
    09-28-10 07:44 PM
    The weather or the today area don't hide...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 09:26 PM
    are you pressing the caps key before pressing the letter key?
    09-28-10 10:09 PM
    hey everyone!

just thought I'd let you know that Slate is going to be on sale for 3.99 through to next week!

enjoy!

bbt
    10-07-10 04:50 PM
    this is absolutely AMAZING! wish i could buy it :/ damn me not being able to buy anything because i have no way! :/ crazy great though!
    10-08-10 04:19 PM
    dont see a Slate white for the 8530. Just the metro white?

Tim
    10-08-10 07:39 PM
    this is absolutely AMAZING! wish i could buy it :/ damn me not being able to buy anything because i have no way! :/ crazy great though!
    thanks stuckinamerica!
    glad to hear you like it it's on sale right now for a good price! and you can bundle with metro for the price of what others charge for one theme, now is a good time to buy!

dont see a Slate white for the 8530. Just the metro white?

Tim
    Slate white would be any version that doesnt say "Black". So Slate Original (my icons) or Slate OS6 (OS6 icons) would be the white versions

hope that helps!
    let me know if you have any other questions (you can email me at [email protected] as well, I respond faster)

thanks!

bbt
    10-09-10 02:34 PM
    What is the difference between the black and the original? Can you still change the color and opacity on the black version?
    10-09-10 08:31 PM
    hi have installed theme in 8520 and cannot change opacity ,colour or cannot find options to do this can u help please
    10-10-10 12:22 PM
    So if I want the White version w/OS6 icons of slate which would I use?
    The one below in bold? (for a 8530)

93xx/8350/85xx Original 5.0 (BlackBerry OS 5.0 Non-Touch)

93xx/8350/85xx Black OS6 5.0 (BlackBerry OS 5.0 Non-Touch)

93xx/8350/85xx Black 5.0 (BlackBerry OS 5.0 Non-Touch)

93xx/8350/85xx OS6 5.0 (BlackBerry OS 5.0 Non-Touch)
    10-10-10 05:46 PM
    What is the difference between the black and the original? Can you still change the color and opacity on the black version?
    yeah all the customizations are available in the black versions as well. the only difference is that the menus and lists are blacked out with grey font for black versions and regular versions are normal white menus/lists with black font. you can also see the differences if you take a look at the screenshots above or at the product page on the "SLATE is Functional" preview image.

you can also email me at [email protected] if youd like, i always have email with me on my bb!

hi have installed theme in 8520 and cannot change opacity ,colour or cannot find options to do this can u help please
    hey luckyal, have you check the screenshots/product description at mobihand?

basically to do this, press the alt key and then O (the + key), which will activate the options menu, where you can change the opacity and color of the banners. let me know if you have any other questions!

So if I want the White version w/OS6 icons of slate which would I use?
    The one below in bold? (for a 8530)
    93xx/8350/85xx OS6 5.0 (BlackBerry OS 5.0 Non-Touch)
    yup! the bold one is the correct version if you are running OS5.0 on your device (you can check in settings->about in your device). if youre running an version 4.6, then it would be the same in bold above but with "4.6" instead of "5.0"

hope that helps!

let me know if you need anything else. you can always email me at [email protected] as well

thanks!

bbt
    10-10-10 08:07 PM
    Thanks for the help. Got the White one.

Works well over all..smooth. Like the lay out.

Found the Today area a little jumpy. Not sure why
    but then I prefer a full, permanent Today with Msgs and Calender showing. No SMS as I have the combined with Msgs.

I also thought the White would give me white everything, not just the internal or popup menus. Been looking for a classy white theme.

Well done overall but the search continues.

Thanks,

Tim
    10-11-10 03:43 AM
    I really like that I can customize the opacity of this theme. It's perfect for matching my wallpaper This theme is also really smooth and clean. Love it, thanks!
    10-11-10 05:32 PM
    I bought the black version and I have to admit I'm delighted with it. It's clean, fast & functional. It would be great if the today area showed more than 4 items for the 85XX, but otherwise I can recommend this theme with no misgivings. Clearly, the developer put a lot of time and thought into Slate & it shows!
    10-12-10 09:53 AM
    This theme is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-13-10 12:37 PM
    thanks stuckinamerica!
    glad to hear you like it it's on sale right now for a good price! and you can bundle with metro for the price of what others charge for one theme, now is a good time to buy!

Slate white would be any version that doesnt say "Black". So Slate Original (my icons) or Slate OS6 (OS6 icons) would be the white versions

hope that helps!
    let me know if you have any other questions (you can email me at [email protected] as well, I respond faster)

thanks!

bbt
    Yeah but I have no credit card, no way to buy or anything. Really wish I could have it still. If I could buy I would. I've seen many great themes but this one is by far the best :/

10-13-10 02:26 PM
    Thanks for the help. Got the White one.
    Works well over all..smooth. Like the lay out.
    Found the Today area a little jumpy. Not sure why
    but then I prefer a full, permanent Today with Msgs and Calender showing. No SMS as I have the combined with Msgs.
    I also thought the White would give me white everything, not just the internal or popup menus. Been looking for a classy white theme.
    Well done overall but the search continues.
    Thanks,
    Tim
    hey tim,
    as for today, not sure why it would be jumpy, but you can swipe right from calendar to get to messages, and left from messages to get to calendar, which is fast. i understand its not exactly what you want, but its never possible to accommodate/anticipate everyone's preferences, but i tried my best by allowing all the different customizations. also, i'm actually working on a white theme (white banners, white menus etc) potentially, so you may want to keep an eye out for that!

I really like that I can customize the opacity of this theme. It's perfect for matching my wallpaper This theme is also really smooth and clean. Love it, thanks!
    hey thanks laney! really glad to hear you're enjoying all the customizations i love that about slate too, which is really what i strove for in this theme - wallpaper goodness!

I bought the black version and I have to admit I'm delighted with it. It's clean, fast & functional. It would be great if the today area showed more than 4 items for the 85XX, but otherwise I can recommend this theme with no misgivings. Clearly, the developer put a lot of time and thought into Slate & it shows!
    thanks nfldberryuser! I really spent a lot of thought and time making sure it ran well and would be flexible enough to adapt to many people, so i'm really glad to hear you say that

This theme is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks dora!! you're awesome for saying that!

Yeah but I have no credit card, no way to buy or anything. Really wish I could have it still. If I could buy I would. I've seen many great themes but this one is by far the best :/
    there's a giveaway right now at crackberry this week if you leave a comment! that's really nice of you to say, i put a lot of myself into these themes, so it's always great to hear when all the hard work that went into making the theme is appreciated.

thanks everyone for the great feedback!
    i hope you all continue to enjoy the theme

regards,

bbt
    10-15-10 05:12 AM
    Giveaway?? When and where?? What forum? I gotta know

10-15-10 02:13 PM
    Letting everyone know Metro and Slate are on SALE with the release of TINT till the end of the year!

*8500 versions of tint will likely come by the end of the year*

Hope you all enjoy the holidays!

Bbt
    12-11-10 11:33 AM
    Bought the theme today, Love it!
    I made a memo of all the Key Shortcuts to not forget them.
    Well Done!
    12-13-10 05:56 PM
    Bought the theme today, Love it!
    I made a memo of all the Key Shortcuts to not forget them.
    Well Done!
    Great jric! Glad to hear you're loving the theme

Happy holidays!

Best

Bbt
    12-20-10 06:03 PM
    I bought the theme from my phone and installed it. I must have missed the option to pick which version I wanted. I emailed the developer and my situation was resolved same day. Oh, and this was on NEW YEAR'S DAY. Wonderful, very quick support.
    The theme is beautiful, very fast, and very customizable. So far I'm thrilled with this purchase.

HAHA, I use the crackberry wallpaper changer. One wallpaper had a huge, bright white cloud in the center of the screen so that I couldn't see my today items. I changed the opacity and voila.... I LOVE THIS THEME!
    Last edited by bencpht; 01-01-11 at 09:25 PM.
    01-01-11 09:20 PM
    I bought the theme from my phone and installed it. I must have missed the option to pick which version I wanted. I emailed the developer and my situation was resolved same day. Oh, and this was on NEW YEAR'S DAY. Wonderful, very quick support.
    The theme is beautiful, very fast, and very customizable. So far I'm thrilled with this purchase.

HAHA, I use the crackberry wallpaper changer. One wallpaper had a huge, bright white cloud in the center of the screen so that I couldn't see my today items. I changed the opacity and voila.... I LOVE THIS THEME!
    Thanks ben!

Really glad to hear you're enjoying the theme and all the customization it means a lot that you're satisfied with the service as well as the theme, thanks so much!

Let me know if you ever have any questions, as always

Best,

Bbt
    01-04-11 05:03 PM
    I've been using this theme since it wa released - simply the best! I've tried dozens of themes (both paid and free) and this is the one I use!

blackberrytourer likes this.
    01-04-11 05:31 PM
    I've been using this theme since it wa released - simply the best! I've tried dozens of themes (both paid and free) and this is the one I use!
    thanks jrorion5!

that means a lot really glad to hear you're enjoying the theme so much!

thanks again,

Bbt
    01-26-11 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD