Been seeing a lot of negative posts so I thought I'd throw in a positive one and a good discussion question. Anyone else just using the virtual keyboard? I think I've used the physical keyboard like a total of 4 times I've had my torch for about a week and a half and I think its fantastic. What about everyone else do you enjoy the virtual keyboard as much as me? Btw I'm running 6.0.0.225

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 07:11 PM
    I have been the opposite. I have used it a few times and felt it was pretty good, but I have been using primarily the physical keyboard. After coming from using the iPhone for the past few years, I quickly fell in love with the physical keypad.
    09-28-10 07:16 PM
    I'm using it more and more as I become more accustomed to it. I'm typing faster and with more accuracy than I was two weeks ago.
    09-28-10 07:18 PM
    I plan on using the SureType keyboard almost exclusively. I went from a storm2 to a 9700 a week ago, and I still can't get used to using both hands to type. SureType was a lot more convenient for basic texting.

09-28-10 07:19 PM
    Never Touched it ...is it really there..lol
    09-28-10 07:20 PM
    Been seeing a lot of negative posts so I thought I'd throw in a positive one and a good discussion question. Anyone else just using the virtual keyboard? I think I've used the physical keyboard like a total of 4 times I've had my torch for about a week and a half and I think its fantastic. What about everyone else do you enjoy the virtual keyboard as much as me? Btw I'm running 6.0.0.225
    I'm using it more and more. It's been vastly improved in .225 over .141

09-28-10 07:27 PM

I use the virtual keyboard exclusively. Love it.
    09-28-10 07:50 PM
    Wow a lot of different answers. This is my first blackberry and I liked the 9700 keyboard but I decided to take a chance with the torch and I am definitely glad I did

09-28-10 07:50 PM
    Wow a lot of different answers. This is my first blackberry and I liked the 9700 keyboard but I decided to take a chance with the torch and I am definitely glad I did

I came from the Storm 2. I just had to stop trying to "click" the torch, lol. But I was already used to the Storm so the virtual keyboard was an easy transition.
    09-28-10 07:56 PM
    I don't use either keyboard exclusively. There are times when I'd rather not slide my Torch open for whatever reason and prefer using the virtual keyboard. I find that when I'm lying in bed keying in an email or a text it's difficult to do so with the physical keyboard so I tend to use the virtual keyboard.
    09-28-10 08:09 PM
    Lc I understand I came from a garbage touch screen phone so I got used to it and ichigo I understand that too cause I also find it akward when laying in bed in a supine position. But I use my virtual for browsing texts the few emails I send pretty much use it religiously.

09-28-10 08:16 PM
    I'm good at the virtual keyboard with .246.
    09-28-10 10:41 PM
    Only late nights and when I am on a call with.
    09-28-10 11:03 PM
    I used to like the virtual keyboard on smartphones, but I have become obsessed with my 9000 keyboard. I would like to get the Torch and if I did, I think that I wouldn't use the soft keyboard much at all. I think that I have been jaded by touchscreen keyboards.

09-29-10 05:08 AM
    Hate virtual keyboards, never use it. If there ever comes a day when all phones are manufactured without real keyboards (highly unlikely), I would not buy a new phone. For me, a phone without a physical keyboard = complete fail.
    09-29-10 06:14 AM
    I came from the Storm 2. I just had to stop trying to "click" the torch, lol. But I was already used to the Storm so the virtual keyboard was an easy transition.
    same here. lol. kept pressing the screen, waitin for a click.
    09-29-10 07:56 AM
    I come from an iphone 2g. I will never touch another on screen keyboard. Never

09-29-10 08:03 AM
    I use both the Virtual and Physical Keyboard. Ive come from a Bold 9700. For long emails or texts the Physical is for me, however there are time im glad to have the virtual one there. plus i like how the words come up if you've typo'd or its an extra long word, you don't have to complete all of it. The only thing that prevents me using the virtual keyboard more is the fact it takes up so much of the screen and i like to have more viewing area.

Loving my Torch in the UK having only had it a week or so..
    09-29-10 11:18 AM
    I find myself using both keyboards.

I do like them both. I use the physical keys when I need to type out a longer/quicker message. I use the touchscreen keys when I want to send a shorter message.

They both work great for me and I find them both very useful at different times.
    09-29-10 01:18 PM
    OMG YES! I use it constantly. I do use the physical keyboard as well though. LOVE having the options!
    09-29-10 03:07 PM
    I use both, now that I finally learned to turn the torch sideways and use the bigger keys. I was pathetic trying to hit the right keys with my fat fingers. Looked luje I coymrn't ry[e.
    09-29-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD