So after reading a post that mentioned opening up 25 different web pages on the browser at an att store, I decided to max my phone out a little-yea I have that kind of time today... Usually I only have up to 3 pages open at a time before I instinctively start to close them. The same goes with the multi tasking function when there are more than a few programs open I just start closing them out. After having older bb's, and a few WinMo phones, and yes even my Droids, I was always closing out windows and programs to avoid the dreaded lag.

So I opened up 25 different web pages most of which seemed pretty data intensive

entertained- that it had no negative effect on my browsing experience I decided to see what I could do with the multi tasking. So just started opening up every program I could (listening to music on the player, and slacker, watching a movie on youtube player, att nav, etc. etc etc)

So right now I have 25 pages and 27 programs running. And the end result:
    There is some lag but I'd liken it to running .141 as compared to .246..nothing noticeable and still have yet to see the hour glass

So I guess I can lighten up with being so paranoid about closing out windows and programs all the time

Not saying that the torch is the most amazing phone ever or that it's better than the iphone or droid or whatever else is out there so please don't take this as such-I know the trolls will jump all over such a claim

But I just had a personal revelation and felt like sharing .
    09-28-10 02:30 PM
    I'm real glad us Canadians are getting .246 with our devices, kinda makes the whole delay worth it..... not.
    09-28-10 02:35 PM
    Goes to show that processor speed isn't as important as RIM haters make it out to be. It's more about good software instead of huge specs.
    09-28-10 02:35 PM
    Goes to show that processor speed isn't as important as RIM haters make it out to be. It's more about good software instead of huge specs.
    +1 This man speaketh the truth

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 02:53 PM
    Here's my photo shooting skills
    09-28-10 02:56 PM
    That's quite impressive! Slow processor this, underpowered that... BB FTW! lol
    09-28-10 04:02 PM
    Vodafone UK has started to ship out torches. They're on .246 too.
    09-28-10 04:10 PM
    Memory Management on Torch is just amazing although it might be lacking in some respects to the other smart phones processor wise the memory management makes up for most of it, also Blackberry apps are relatively smaller in size than android, iPhone etc etc .
    09-29-10 05:23 AM
    Memory Management on Torch is just amazing although it might be lacking in some respects to the other smart phones processor wise the memory management makes up for most of it, also Blackberry apps are relatively smaller in size than android, iPhone etc etc .
    And that is why they usually suck compared to the Android and iPhone versions.
    09-29-10 05:33 AM
    And that is why they usually suck compared to the Android and iPhone versions.
    I'm sorry..could you repeat that? I couldnt understand you with C3PO and Steve Job's nuts in your mouth.
    09-29-10 08:24 AM
    LOL^

I have to say facebook app for blackberry is the BEST version compared to androids...never seen apples but I believe I've glanced at someone using it and it seemed like the same interface as android.

Also BeeJive is the ****, and only available for bb and windows i believe. :P
    09-29-10 10:17 AM
    android facebbok is much better than bb. but i think its due to the size of the app. beejive just also came out for android yesterday
    09-29-10 10:32 AM
    I have to say facebook app for blackberry is the BEST version compared to androids...never seen apples but I believe I've glanced at someone using it and it seemed like the same interface as android.
    On my iPod touch, it's just a list of news feeds with a button at the top which opens up a menu with these options: News Feed, Profile, Friends, Inbox, Places, Chat, Requests, Events, and Photos. I haven't done much posting from it but having used it for two years I can say this about everything else: Great for if you only do one thing on it (like view your profile, or your news feeds), but horrible navigation to get between everything.
    09-29-10 10:45 AM
    LOL^

Also BeeJive is the ****, and only available for bb and windows i believe. :P
    Beejive is available on the iPhone.
    09-29-10 10:50 AM
    Geeze I leave you kids alone for one day and you're already comparing D**k sizes.

This post had nothing to do with who's apps are better or which phone better utilizes its memory. Was more or less to help those with OWCD(Obsessive window closing disorder).

Iphone and Droids have some great apps that we can't get and most of their are free so stop hating on them for it-**** I'd love to have an extensive list of free apps to choose from...luckily most of the ones I actually need come with the phone or are free anyways.

I don't use the facebook app (never have on any of my phones) since I just leave the page open and refresh it-why have a simulated version when the real thing is just as convenient?

Anyway, continue with your measuring contest
    09-29-10 10:53 AM
    I'm sorry..could you repeat that? I couldnt understand you with C3PO and Steve Job's nuts in your mouth.
    Nice one.
    09-29-10 08:32 PM
    Dude, that is your second gay reference toward me in less than 24 hours. Feeling a little insecure?
    09-30-10 05:28 AM
    quite a serious test u had run up !..

and its pretty amazing how 624 mhz had handled it flawlessly..

one of my friend was using Samsungs Galaxy with Android 2.2 and when he opens 3 web pages.. he tells the phone gets lukewarm in 15 minutes.. man!

gosh !Torch doesnt heats up and only lights up the life
    09-30-10 07:12 AM
    Dude, that is your second gay reference toward me in less than 24 hours. Feeling a little insecure?
    Nope..no insecurities here. Seems like I touched on a nerve though. Are you wrestling with some demons perhaps? It's ok..your mom will still love you.

Here's how it is...on teh intrawebs..your what is known as a troll. In real life, you'd be known as a sh1t disturber. Some people choose to ignore/shy away from people like you, whereas I've always been one to confront them head on. Bullies are only bullies until they get a beatdown, at which point they usually tuck tail and run.

So I will continue to troll the troll, making sure everyone points and laughs at the "guy" named 67Tucker.
    09-30-10 07:48 AM
    ^^^R.I.M's OS is slow and laggy compared to alternative smartphones(mainly apple, and Android), i wonder if outdated hardware is to blame....
    Last edited by MartyMcfly; 09-30-10 at 11:14 AM.
    09-30-10 11:05 AM
    ^^^R.I.M's OS is slow and laggy compared to alternative smartphones(mainly apple, and Android), i wonder if outdated hardware is to blame....
    Did you by chance read the OP? Lets see some screenshots of your iPhone "4g" running 20 some apps and having 26 tabs open.

Oh your iPhone can't do that? Why is that? I wonder if limited hardware/software is to blame...

Go find somewhere else to troll...
    Last edited by ridesno159; 09-30-10 at 11:50 AM.
    09-30-10 11:43 AM
    i don't really open 26 tabs all at once or have 20 apps running...
    but i do make calls.. you know the one where you actually speak to another human being. and that's why i have a blackberry. no dropped calls since Aug 12.
    09-30-10 11:56 AM
    Did you by chance read the OP? Lets see some screenshots of your iPhone "4g" running 20 some apps and having 26 tabs open.

Oh your iPhone can't do that? Why is that? I wonder if limited hardware/software is to blame...

Go find somewhere else to troll...
    ^^^lol I'm a troll bc i said Apple and Android Os is faster? It's true......I never said blackberry sucks, so chill and pull your skirt down......
    09-30-10 01:37 PM
    ^^^lol I'm a troll bc i said Apple and Android Os is faster? It's true......I never said blackberry sucks, so chill and pull your skirt down......
    I think it's more because what your saying isn't true any longer. It was true with OS .141, but .225 and .246 have pretty much leveled the playing field with the iPhone in terms of speed.
    09-30-10 01:44 PM
    Saying that the OS is "slow and laggy" is trolling. Better, non trolling wording, would be "not as fast" because slow and laggy the OS isn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 01:46 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD