Hello!! I'm currently looking for an app that will sound an alarm when i cant find my phone. I will use it when i lose it in my house, when i lose it in the mall, when it gets stolen at work and when my co workers hide it from me.

Main features i need:
    -Set off alarm from email or text of a code word or phone call, so many calls in so many seconds??
    -Lock phone so alarm cannot be disabled without a password or something
    -Display a way to return to owner
    -Under $5
    -GPS location

And itd be nice of it would flash lights or something so i can see it when my couch eats it.

I did try where's my phone, the free version, but the alarm never went off when the word was texted to me.

Thanks in advance!!!
    09-28-10 11:08 AM
    Do a search, there are a bunch.

BuddyGuard is what I use.
    09-28-10 11:50 AM
    I did do a search but I'm interested in which app the other users like the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 12:03 PM
    There are a few apps available, Buddy Guard and Smart Guard are both good. I have personally tried both, but only had to actually use the app once. I had to replace my Tour, so I decided to try the security wipe function. It actually did what it was supposed to do and wiped my personal info from the phone.

You can also send an alert to locate your phone by having it make a loud sound, you can lock it if it is lost by sending a simple text message, and have it display a contact number if the phone is found.
    09-28-10 12:07 PM
    09-28-10 12:16 PM
    I've never had a need for it but I do have "Where's my Phone" installed.

BlackBerry App World - Wheres My Phone Pro
    09-28-10 12:32 PM
    Played with BuddyGuard but the trial won't let you TRY ALL of the features so that's a no.

09-28-10 12:35 PM
    Find my phone doesn't lock the screen so the alarm can easily be shut off so that's a no go too and I already said I couldn't get where's my phone to work either.

Any other ideas???

09-28-10 12:38 PM
    I have this on as well - setup so I can send a lost notification from email or text messge.

I've never had a need for it but I do have "Where's my Phone" installed.

BlackBerry App World - Wheres My Phone Pro
    09-28-10 02:21 PM
    What bbs do you guys have??

09-28-10 03:00 PM
    I'm using Smart Guard now. All the features you require are FREE.
    09-28-10 11:25 PM
    What bbs do you guys have??

8350i with OS 5.0
    09-29-10 04:03 AM
    Where's my Phone Pro

09-29-10 11:24 AM
    Personally I use BuddyGuard Pro - won it here at CB!

I liked it when it was a free beta and would have bought it anyway. IMHO it's the best out there, certainly in terms of VFM.

Hope this helps.
    09-29-10 07:55 PM
    I'm using Smart Guard now. All the features you require are FREE.
    AGREE...love This App. Oh n I have 9800/6.0.0.246

09-30-10 03:30 AM
    Played with BuddyGuard but the trial won't let you TRY ALL of the features so that's a no.
    Use the search function, Luke Skywalker. There are many comparo threads on these forums.

If I remember correctly, the only feature missing from the trial version (I think it was unlimited use before) is the ability to change the message on the lock screen.

I like the remote lock/alarm functions much more than similar programs. You can't unlock the phone without a password once the alarm or lock versions are activated. The lock screen has buttons to disable the screen and to "call owner," which can be your landline, a friend, or whatever you want to choose.

I was a very loyal SmrtGuard user, but I'm one of those people who is always misplacing my phone and SmrtGuard's alarm function has a glitch where it won't work if the ring is set to mediium or loud. The web interface is great, though, so I have it installed along with BG.

RIM is also testing a similar app in the Beta Zone, though I'm not sure when it will be released or what it will cost.
    10-01-10 02:51 PM
    can someone please post the command list i need to lock my lost phone and cant recall how to
    10-26-10 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD