Now we know that it is possible... RIM should put this technology/hardware and incorporate it into a new cell phone...

I'm really looking forward to this device though and i love how the cellphone and the playbook with be synced and updated constantly.. I am also hoping that tether program will work for the playbook as well....

even though i'm not a fan of the ipad and find it less useful than a laptop I think this is a huge step in the right direction for RIM...

I really want this technology packed into a cell phone... if motorola can do it on the droid x then BB can do it and they've proven that now with this playbook...

imagine BB6 flying through with dual camera, 1gb memory and 1ghz processor....
    09-28-10 09:52 AM
    haha. You really want to be carrying around a phone with a 7" screen? All those specs (dual core 1ghz processor), cameras, all take up space and battery power. You almost need a larger device just to hold the larger battery to keep those things running. Just ask the Droid users who have to plug in by dinner time, where us BB users can still make it to lunch on the 2nd day of normal use.
    09-28-10 10:17 AM
    imagine BB6 flying through with dual camera, 1gb memory and 1ghz processor....
    Rim is currently testing with snapdragon processors
    09-28-10 10:20 AM
    haha. You really want to be carrying around a phone with a 7" screen? All those specs (dual core 1ghz processor), cameras, all take up space and battery power. You almost need a larger device just to hold the larger battery to keep those things running. Just ask the Droid users who have to plug in by dinner time, where us BB users can still make it to lunch on the 2nd day of normal use.
    you took the words out of my mouth... no I don't want to be carrying around a 7" device! I want a cellphone with these specs and this new OS that BB team up to create... I want all this on a storm like device with a slide out keyboard (yes similiar to the torch) no sure press!...

I amongst others am willing to sacrafice battery life for increased performance and usability...

The way BB has always been with battery life it's never been a problem... Even with the new BB6 my battery life has increased� obviously 1ghz processor and more animation eat up memory and push the phone�s processor but if other company�s have done it already has BB has now caught up with the playboy then you better believe it�s possible with BB incorporating this into a cell phone� even with these specs I think BB battery will always be better than android�s b/c oh what a joke my battery life was on the droid x even with the extended battery!
    09-28-10 10:25 AM
    Dual cameras are a massive waste IMO.
    09-28-10 10:27 AM
    Rim is currently testing with snapdragon processors
    awesome news... i didn't catch that...

I just think Playbook would be even more successful with a partnered up phone... if all the phones are backdated yet the playbook is one of the top leading in the tablet market atleast... then I would suggest a top leading phone to push the playbook to the limits

lets get serious!
    09-28-10 10:29 AM
    no way... Video conferencing on the go� displaying things on a computer or discussing something visually� the list could go on and on for business use� personal use, similar to Skype or video chat, I think this will become the norm for conversation, EVENTUALLY.
    09-28-10 10:31 AM
    At least we now know RIM CAN do it.
    09-28-10 10:34 AM
    At least we now know RIM CAN do it.
    yes, thats the point i'm trying to make here... now we know it's possible so lets get the ball rolling
    09-28-10 10:39 AM
    Tell me about it, they should've started off with the Torch and it would be a much more attractive device. However I imagine RIM will use these type of specs with the Storm 3 (bigger screen por favor!).
    09-28-10 10:46 AM
    yes, thats the point i'm trying to make here... now we know it's possible so lets get the ball rolling
    Very much agreed.
    09-28-10 10:57 AM
    Agreed!

All 3G phones used to have dual cameras... and no one used them so they started to get phased out... whilst they seem cool now, they'll die out again....
    09-28-10 11:13 AM
    Yeah front facing cameras has been on some phones since early 2000, they'd still be issued on smartphones today if it were still in demand, Apple are joking with themselves on this (even moreso with facetime only usable over wifi). I've said it in another thread elsewhere, it's been attempted several times over the past 20 years, you see alot of it on TV and in movies but in reality it isn't very popular.

I'm not a fan of showing my face when talking on a phone
    09-28-10 11:18 AM
    i am a current torch user and would have to say the processor does not slow the phone down...they have made os6 a lot more efficient to work with the processor...tho i would have to agree the os on the tablet does look pretty nice and wouldn't mind it on a phone but from what i read you are able to teather your phone with the tablet and view everything on your phone on the playbook...this could definately be a plus if it works the way they are making it seem...only time can tell
    09-28-10 01:48 PM
    The OP is right. We reallyyy need to see this kind of power in a Blackberry smartphone. This is what the Torch should have been (phone equivalent, obviously). People seem very intrigued by the OS on the Playbook, so let's see it on a Storm device. Give us a bigger screen, (MUCH) better screen res than the Torch, better processor, more app memory, and that new OS, and I'm sure RIM will sell a few of the bad boys.

This is all being said, though, in hopes that this QNX OS is, in fact, good. We need to see some real hand-on vids. For all we know, it is the Storm all over again. RIM is very good at making promotional videos. I remember watching a video for the 9530 in October of 2008 which made the Storm look like the next amazing thing. Whoops.
    09-28-10 02:02 PM
    Here is my PlayBook: 1) Buy the next candybar 4g/LTE phone on Verizon to replace my Tour. 2) Buy the Playbook. 3) Tether them together to have the ultimate bb device.

We seen that RIM realizes what they need to do to create some "shock and awe" with the PlayBook. Now I just need that same mojo for the 4G/LTE Verizon phone to come out next year!
    09-28-10 03:04 PM
    Well at least we know they aren't a dieing breed like a lot of people on these forms thought...can't wait to play with the playbook and is nice to know what direction we are heading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 03:13 PM
    I agree. I def think RIM is working on a project like this......I jus dunno if I can wait that long for 4g speeds :-/
    09-28-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD