Are Sony and Facebook going to sue for using similar trademark names or will the NFL coaches go to tackle RIM?
    Last edited by thymaster; 09-28-10 at 01:38 AM.
    09-28-10 01:34 AM
    No.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 06:58 AM
    I think RIM should have came up with a better name. I was hearing "BlackPad" which sounds much better. Blackberry phone... Blackpad tablet. Makes sense. Like how Apple has "I" devices. I never understand RIM and their product names. There all over the place

09-28-10 07:11 AM
    there will be no sueing, especially not from facebook.
    09-28-10 08:48 AM
    I think RIM should have came up with a better name. I was hearing "BlackPad" which sounds much better. Blackberry phone... Blackpad tablet. Makes sense. Like how Apple has "I" devices. I never understand RIM and their product names. There all over the place

Why try to "copy" Apple and their "pad" when they can come up with something of their own.
    09-28-10 08:55 AM
    Why try to "copy" Apple and their "pad" when they can come up with something of their own.
    My point is to make it sound like a professional device, which it is. Some might say trying to make it a "play" device would be copying Apple. BlackPad, BlackTab.. I know they're trying to directly compete with the iPad.. But PlayBook just sounds silly in my personal opinion.

09-28-10 09:01 AM
    Playbook is perfect
    09-28-10 09:01 AM
    As i learn about the enterprise meaning, PlayBook is becoming the logical name for this device.

I want it, 'nuff said
    09-28-10 10:20 AM
    lol now lets see 100 more threads like this
    09-28-10 10:21 AM
    Are Sony and Facebook going to sue for using similar trademark names or will the NFL coaches go to tackle RIM?
    lol are you serious?

Is Facebook going to sue Apple for making Facetime?

Thats not how it works.
    09-28-10 10:22 AM
    I actually think Playbook is a much more clever name than BlackPad.
    09-28-10 01:09 PM
    I heard sports teams around the world will be suing RIM for stealing their wording they use for the bound pieces of paper that the coach uses to document different strategic layouts/formations/executions in order to win against other teams.
    09-28-10 03:07 PM
    lol ^^......

No way!
    09-28-10 03:14 PM
    This is ridiculous. =D
    09-28-10 04:23 PM
    You can't trademark common words. You can trademark a phrase or combined words (Facebook) but you can't trademark Face or Book. What Facebook is doing by suing the other Social Teacher network is a bit different. Competitors in the same Niche using similar names with a similar product can constitute Trademark Infriction or something along the lines.
    09-28-10 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD