Does anyone know how big the blackpad is going to be? Is it going to be the same size as the ipad, the same size as the galexy tab or something in between thoose two?
    09-26-10 08:07 PM
    Its going to be a bit smaller than the IPad. Here is a link to a video how it will function.

09-26-10 08:13 PM
    thats OS6, the tablet is being powered by QNX
    09-26-10 08:21 PM
    Wow that video has no reason to be here at all. Wrong Os and its nothing about the tablet at all lol.

About size no one knows for sure. I remember it being 7" then they reported that rim had ordered a bunch of screens that were exactly the same as the iPad screen. Now everyone is back to saying 7". Who knows.

I do know one thing though. The iPad is inconveniently large for what it does. I would never lug around something that big that does so little. So I'm hoping the BlackBerry tablet will either be a lot smaller (like 7" screen size) or a lot more useful than the iPad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 11:19 PM
    I do know one thing though. The iPad is inconveniently large for what it does. I would never lug around something that big that does so little. So I'm hoping the BlackBerry tablet will either be a lot smaller (like 7" screen size) or a lot more useful than the iPad.
    I've read that supposedly Apple is looking at a 7" screen for the next generation of iPad to bring the cost down and to prevent it from eating into low end MacBook sales.
    09-27-10 12:12 AM
    I've read that supposedly Apple is looking at a 7" screen for the next generation of iPad to bring the cost down and to prevent it from eating into low end MacBook sales.
    Yep, there has been a lot of chatter going around on tech blogs pointing towards a 7 inch iPad. I do not own an iPad, but do not have a problem with the current size. Curious to see what the size will be for the RIM tablet.
    09-27-10 12:40 AM
    I've read that supposedly Apple is looking at a 7" screen for the next generation of iPad
    I hope to heck not. The iPad is the perfect size for me. If anything the Playbook is sadly too small for me.
    09-27-10 06:21 PM
    No matter what size is the screen, I hate the bezel size around it. It looks so ugly.
    09-27-10 06:37 PM
    I hope to heck not. The iPad is the perfect size for me. If anything the Playbook is sadly too small for me.
    it's big enough to play Farm Town, so it's big enough for me.
    09-27-10 08:55 PM
    7" is perfect to me. I've been looking into buying an iPad for a long time but it's still to big imo so I held off on buying one. I was also eying on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" screen as well but that thing is overly priced and I have no patience for Android because it's a very buggy OS. I have a feeling Android is going to be another WM 6 disaster and will play catch up in the near future.
    Last edited by thymaster; 09-28-10 at 01:54 AM.
    09-28-10 01:51 AM
    7" is perfect to me. I've been looking into buying an iPad for a long time but it's still to big imo so I held off on buying one. I was also eying on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" screen as well but that thing is overly priced and I have no patience for Android because it's a very buggy OS. I have a feeling Android is going to be another WM 6 disaster and will play catch up in the near future.
    You know, for some reason the child in me thought it was funny that your name is thymaster and your post started with "7" is perfect to me." Then you want on to say that the (max)iPad was too big for you...and it all just goes downhill from there...lol!

But I agree. One of the many reasons I couldn't like the iPad is the size. If I wanted to lug something that big around I'd just carry my laptop and have some real power. The iPad really requires a table or such for use, where the PlayBook is small enough to be cradled in one hand and operated by the other.
    09-28-10 02:00 AM
    ^ That was dirty and yet funny. ROFLOL.
    09-28-10 02:07 AM
    But I agree. One of the many reasons I couldn't like the iPad is the size. If I wanted to lug something that big around I'd just carry my laptop and have some real power. The iPad really requires a table or such for use, where the PlayBook is small enough to be cradled in one hand and operated by the other.
    Yeah, I can't help but feel as though the iPad is going to fall out of my hands whenever I use it. The PlayBook is bound to be much more natural feeling in my hands.
    09-28-10 02:55 AM
    Size kinda matters but its all aboot how technical you can get with 7inches of a power.

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 04:10 AM
    The smaller size is the only thing I'm not of fan of so far. I hope they offer a larger one.
    09-28-10 05:56 AM
    I'm not a fan of the 7" screen because my hands are ridiculously huge. From bird finger to wrist is almost 2 Bold 9000's on top of each other vertically. My palm is one 9000 sideways. I can touch bird finger to thumb around a 12oz beer can without bending it. I'm afraid the 7" screen will just be too small for me. The iPad felt just right.

That's why I am still rocking a 9000 with a broken trackball button. I cannot stand the 9700/9800 size and wish like heck RIM would make another 9000 size phone.

Of course I will check it out if I haven't bought the iPad by then. I am interested in hearing about apps. If it cannot do work for me like the Apple can, there is no point.
    09-28-10 12:46 PM
    too bad u cant change the title of this thread. "blackpad" is SO OUT.
    09-28-10 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD