I'm wondering if anyone has figured out how to modify the default search providers in OS 6. I don�t mean changing between the provided option, but rather the URL of which the search uses. The ability to search Google from the universal search on the home screen or from the URL location bar in the browser is great; however the search results are displayed using the desktop browser version which makes it difficult to read on the tiny screen. On the Google search page options there is an option to format the search result to be formatted for mobile which makes reading on the small screen much easier. Unfortunately the default google search appears to use a URL that forces the browser to use display the search results formatted for desktop. Using the URL: http://www.google.com/m?q=<search_parameter> would resolve this issue. Does anyone know where this is set or how this can be modified?

Thanks,

Bryan
    09-26-10 06:03 PM
    I'd like to know this too. My old android phone was superb for quick searches from the homescreen and the new feature in os 6 works in a similar way but defaulting to desktop results is hard on the eye.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 11:58 AM
    I would like to know this also please

04-01-11 12:00 PM
    Since no one else answered, you can try out my app SearchIt for OS6 - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

It might be what you are looking for, theres a free trial so you can test it out.
    04-02-11 11:17 AM
    How do I do the free trial? Is there a way to route this through opera 6 intead of the bb native browser?

04-03-11 04:21 PM
    +1 for Shao's app.
    04-03-11 07:06 PM
    How do I add google local to this app shao? Great app by the way!

04-09-11 03:13 PM
    How do I add google local to this app shao? Great app by the way!

04-09-11 03:20 PM
    Im not familiar with Google Local, can you send me a link and Ill have a look.
    04-10-11 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD