I know there is some speculation that the Torch will come with a case for the Blackberry Torch. Apparently Miranda on Rogers RedBoard said it will, but I was looking at FutureShop's website, and it says 'Case - No' for Rogers, and Bell.

Rogers BlackBerry Torch 9800 Smartphone - Pre-order Deposit - Future Shop

PS: Do you guys think the 2 year $45 PSP plan is worth it? It's a lot cheaper than what the service providers charge. (Usually $7 a month)
    09-26-10 01:57 PM
    I know there is some speculation that the Torch will come with a case for the Blackberry Torch. Apparently Miranda on Rogers RedBoard said it will, but I was looking at FutureShop's website, and it says 'Case - No' for Rogers, and Bell.

Rogers BlackBerry Torch 9800 Smartphone - Pre-order Deposit - Future Shop

PS: Do you guys think the 2 year $45 PSP plan is worth it? It's a lot cheaper than what the service providers charge. (Usually $7 a month)

I hope it comes with a case for Telus, or at least a sleeve so I can protect it until I get my otterbox. Does anyone have any other recommendations for cases?
    09-26-10 02:16 PM
    No offence, but how much has Miranda had right so far?
    You are correct, in that, according to the Bell/Rogers Torch sites...Case=No

Bell Box contents:
    BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone
    1300 mAh battery
    3.5 mm stereo headset
    Charger
    Polishing cloth
    Micro USB cable
    4 GB microSD card
    "Start Here" guide
    User tools CD
    Safety information booklet
    SIM card
    09-26-10 02:22 PM
    Maybe this Miranda chickie meant it comes with a holster. My 8830 (yes, guys, that's my current phone, so you know why I'm waiting so anxiously for the Torch) came with a holster in the box. I think it would be reasonable if it came with a holster.
    09-26-10 02:35 PM
    No it won't come with a holster, i think it will come with a sleeve pouch not sure. I'm not worried anyway, I ordered my leather holster which i have already, among with a car charger, desktop charger and 2 mini to micro adapters all purchased at the crackberry canada store!! quick i might add!!!
    09-26-10 05:25 PM
    Looks like Telus wont either. WOMP WOMP
    http://https://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/blackberry_9800/index.shtml
    Click on More Details.

But who knows right ... that could change.
    Last edited by Gelzz; 09-26-10 at 05:55 PM.
    09-26-10 05:53 PM
    Maybe this Miranda chickie meant it comes with a holster. My 8830 (yes, guys, that's my current phone, so you know why I'm waiting so anxiously for the Torch) came with a holster in the box. I think it would be reasonable if it came with a holster.
    You have to admit though...the 8830 has been a problem free and tough phone. After 2+ years with mine I think I'm going to miss it if the Torch has major flaws, even with all the new features, compared to our ancient device. If its too delicate I may not be impressed.
    lol at 2+ years old being ancient. Don't you love tech?
    Last edited by pmccartney; 09-26-10 at 06:32 PM.
    09-26-10 06:28 PM
    Just ordered a Mobi Hard Shell case from Crackberry US site. It was cheap but the shipping costs killed me! I know the Torch doesn't come with a lot of case options, so I figured I'd use the very helpful Crackberry and get a good case for it. Has anyone used this product before (US Torch users)? I hope I don't pick up my phone this week and then there's all kind of cases for it available.lol.
    09-26-10 07:08 PM
    You have to admit though...the 8830 has been a problem free and tough phone. After 2+ years with mine I think I'm going to miss it if the Torch has major flaws, even with all the new features, compared to our ancient device. If its too delicate I may not be impressed.
    lol at 2+ years old being ancient. Don't you love tech?
    I absolutely LOVE my 8330. Hybird OS 5.0. It's been so solid. I've dropped this thing 100 times, It's still strong as ****. I sell A LOT of things, so e-mail is crucial for me and it's been amazing.

I'm hoping my torch doesn't fail me.
    09-26-10 07:10 PM
    I purchased a Mobi case for my Torch, and the top kept falling off. Now the top cracked. The top of the case is now in the trash. The bottom of the Mobi is GREAT, but I'm still looking for a good case for the Torch. I tried a non-brand gel case from ebay, the top also falls off. Reviews say that the top of the Otterbox and Case-mate also falls off. Any suggestions?
    09-26-10 09:50 PM
    the torch wont be coming with any case the way previous models did
    09-26-10 10:36 PM
    That's too bad. I hope the Mobi case works :S
    09-27-10 05:39 AM
    the torch wont be coming with any case the way previous models did
    Hi avmsam,
    Is this confirmed?
    09-27-10 07:23 AM
    @ Mikey

check out my link .. and then click on More details scroll down and it will say there. yea Telus as well wont be getting a case
    09-27-10 08:07 AM
    Thanks for the bad news Gelzz! lol..It's ok I kinda figured we wouldn't be getting anything. So for everyone on Rogers I would be 99.9% sure this applies to you as well.
    09-27-10 08:30 AM
    Np Mikey ! lol im glad to help. Dont worrie i found out on the weekend soo it's still a womp womp out come
    09-27-10 08:56 AM
    Hi avmsam,
    Is this confirmed?
    I too was upset when I discovered after my enticing purchase, that the new Torch was not coming with a case. This was because at the time, the BB case had not been released for the phone. I pre-ordered mine and when it came in, I was happy. 1 month later, not soo much. Horrible build quality. Mine is now falling apart. The case is covered with a rubber product (pressed to look like leather) and glued to a 10 layer paper which is the structure... The inside is glued to this layer as well. Just bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD