I made a thread a while back about my storm become less and less trustworthy. today, for the 3rd time in less than 2 weeks, it crashed. this time it was upon opening the camera app. Last week it crashed (rebooted) when answering a call.

this "behavior" reduces my enthusiasm for "sticking up for" RIM and BB phones.
    09-26-10 12:22 PM
    I am experiencing the same

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 12:55 PM
    I made a thread a while back about my storm become less and less trustworthy. today, for the 3rd time in less than 2 weeks, it crashed. this time it was upon opening the camera app. Last week it crashed (rebooted) when answering a call.

I know you're not one for tinkering, so legitimate question: have you reloaded .713 since you put it on?
    09-26-10 01:42 PM
    I know you're not one for tinkering, so legitimate question: have you reloaded .713 since you put it on?
    I can't recall if I reloaded 713 or not. I looked through my posts and can't find any reference to reloading 713. I know I did a couple of reloads, but they could have been of 607.
    09-26-10 02:27 PM
    I can't recall if I reloaded 713 or not. I looked through my posts and can't find any reference to reloading 713. I know I did a couple of reloads, but they could have been of 607.
    Thought you said you'd gone the OTA route for .713, but my memory isn't what it used to be. But if it's been awhile and/or you changed/added/removed something, might be about time for a reload.
    09-26-10 02:46 PM
    If everything has been working fine in the past, it seems to be pointing to either an app you've loaded caused some problems or you've somehow corrupted the database on the device. I've noticed no sudden crashes on mine, and I load a LOT of cr@p to it, including a load of themes. You might want to do an OS reload and see if that clears things up for you. Another suggestion, purge out old messages. My son was having problems on his Storm1, he purged out his old messages (he had a lot) and everything went back to normal after that.
    09-26-10 03:57 PM
    Messages will eat up a lot of memory. Check your memory under Options: How much do you have available, dave?
    09-26-10 04:05 PM
    Thought you said you'd gone the OTA route for .713, but my memory isn't what it used to be. But if it's been awhile and/or you changed/added/removed something, might be about time for a reload.
    no, I never do OTA updates.
    09-26-10 05:58 PM
    If everything has been working fine in the past, it seems to be pointing to either an app you've loaded caused some problems or you've somehow corrupted the database on the device. I've noticed no sudden crashes on mine, and I load a LOT of cr@p to it, including a load of themes. You might want to do an OS reload and see if that clears things up for you. Another suggestion, purge out old messages. My son was having problems on his Storm1, he purged out his old messages (he had a lot) and everything went back to normal after that.
    I always get rid of messages ASAP. I never have more than about 30 at any one time. I'm guessing the issue is possibly due to a few more apps loaded, but none of them are utilities such as LED or customization apps.
    09-26-10 06:03 PM
    I always get rid of messages ASAP. I never have more than about 30 at any one time. I'm guessing the issue is possibly due to a few more apps loaded, but none of them are utilities such as LED or customization apps.
    Regardless of purpose, poorly coded is poorly coded. I recommend a reload.
    09-26-10 06:19 PM
    Regardless of purpose, poorly coded is poorly coded. I recommend a reload.
    yeah, I know, but I don't reload until things get seriously out of hand. LOL! I detest reloading the OS. I fully understand I might need to, before too long. The only times I've reloaded an OS were due to issues with the Contacts app that weren't fixable otherwise.
    09-26-10 06:24 PM
    yeah, I know, but I don't reload until things get seriously out of hand. LOL! I detest reloading the OS. I fully understand I might need to, before too long.
    I consider random reboots and crashes out of hand; I can put up with a few bugs, but anything that actually stops/interrupts my use of the device prompts a complete wipe/reinstall.
    09-26-10 06:27 PM
    I consider random reboots and crashes out of hand; I can put up with a few bugs, but anything that actually stops/interrupts my use of the device prompts a complete wipe/reinstall.
    I'd be reloading every month or so if that were my criteria. Don't get me wrong--I DESPISE reboots, but I've had numerous Storms (1's and 2's) and have had several of them screw up on day one with NOTHING loaded on them but what they came from the factory with. I consider myself lucky when I can go weeks on end without any issues, but that's about the extent of my luck.
    09-26-10 06:41 PM

Sorry to hear that, Dave. I can put up with a lot of stuff, but random reboots really rile me up. Is your wife's doing the same thing? Are your apps the same? It does sound like a compete re-install might work, but they are a pia. Let us know what happens!
    09-26-10 08:19 PM
    i had mine reset once after pushing the camera button, hasnt done it since, it was weird
    09-28-10 04:46 AM
    Sorry to hear that, Dave. I can put up with a lot of stuff, but random reboots really rile me up. Is your wife's doing the same thing? Are your apps the same? It does sound like a compete re-install might work, but they are a pia. Let us know what happens!
    she's had less issues and has a slightly different mix of apps. As long as I can go several days or more w/o a major mishap, I'll eschew doing a reload. If I can go more than 4 years using windows w/o reloading, I'll be darned if I'll let this phone force me to reload the OS every month or two.
    09-28-10 09:08 AM
    crashs?

10char
    09-28-10 09:16 AM
    crashs?

10char
    never seen a typo before??? u need to get out more.
    09-28-10 09:25 AM
    lol n00bie, maybe you won't point out typos anymore then
    09-28-10 09:27 AM
    lol n00bie, maybe you won't point out typos anymore then
    How much is your daddy paying you for each instance of "n00bie"?? Are you having trouble buying bubble gum on your regular allowance??
    09-28-10 09:36 AM
    How much is your daddy paying you for each instance of "n00bie"?? Are you having trouble buying bubble gum on your regular allowance??
    lmao! that's lame, even for you, n00bie.

and my S2 never crashs. but I don't even turn it on anymore.
    09-28-10 09:44 AM
    lmao! that's lame, even for you, n00bie.

and my S2 never crashs. but I don't even turn it on anymore.
    so tell me, did you laugh or not??
    09-28-10 09:51 AM
    I'm on my third 9550 (fifth overall) that resets itself. It's something physical on the phone as I'm able to get the phone to reset as it is rebooting by tapping near the mic. This week I got it to do it 4 times in a row and then it's as if everthing's fine and it won't do it for days, then I'll pick it up off the table or pull it out of my pocket and it resets.

I'm keeping this one until the reboots get more frequent and then I guess swap it out again before the warranty is up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As previously stated, reload the software. I recommend getting a different OS on there, I had my device reset once by taking a picture. Half an hour later I had a different OS on and never had a problem since.
    09-28-10 04:24 PM
    Reloading crappy 713 over 713 may not solve the issue.
    09-29-10 07:33 AM
    Reloading crappy 713 over 713 may not solve the issue.
    I love your positive attitude!
    09-29-10 10:00 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD