The guys at Beatweek are the ultimate iPhone fanboys. Notice how if you try to say anything good about Android they will delete your comments. What a bunch of morons.

Verizon iPhone more palatable than Verizon Droid for everyone but geeks : Beatweek Magazine
    09-25-10 07:02 PM
    The guys at Beatweek are the ultimate iPhone fanboys. Notice how if you try to say anything good about Android they will delete your comments. What a bunch of morons.

Verizon iPhone more palatable than Verizon Droid for everyone but geeks : Beatweek Magazine
    Comments are closed. To funny what tools. Talk about geeks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 07:19 PM
    check this one out it made me laugh lol
    10 Reasons why iOS beats Android
    09-25-10 08:06 PM
    as far as his comments about a Verizon iPhone being more popular then any of the droid phones.. i absolutely agree. I actually think if an iPhone came to Verizon it would outsell all of Verizon's android phones combined within a month(if not sooner). The iPhone appeals to the masses because it simple to use and it just works ..... works very well for that matter.

A good majority of the people on Verizon with android phones would most likely have an iPhone if Verizon offered one.

yes i love my droid but by no means will it ever outsell or be more popular then any iPhone.
    09-25-10 09:06 PM
    Plus chicks dig um. Its a chick magnet

09-25-10 09:12 PM
    Plus chicks dig um. Its a chick magnet

chicks with no brains dig em indeed
    09-25-10 09:13 PM
    chicks with no brains dig em indeed

or those with a masters degree in Business Analytics.
    09-25-10 09:55 PM
    as far as his comments about a Verizon iPhone being more popular then any of the droid phones.. i absolutely agree. I actually think if an iPhone came to Verizon it would outsell all of Verizon's android phones combined within a month(if not sooner). The iPhone appeals to the masses because it simple to use and it just works ..... works very well for that matter.

A good majority of the people on Verizon with android phones would most likely have an iPhone if Verizon offered one.

yes i love my droid but by no means will it ever outsell or be more popular then any iPhone.
    I agree that that woukd be the case right now. But in a year or two, who knows? The iPhone is a great phone, but many things can change in the smartphone market in a couple years.
    I also agree with the article about bloatware on Android phones. Other than that, I love my Droid 2. I wouldnt trade it for an iPhone. But I can totally understand someone that would.
    09-26-10 12:26 AM
    The lack of a removable battery kills the iphone for me. If I can't put an extended battery in or carry a spare, that doesn't seem very handy. I like my ipod touch, but hate that same thing about it. I'm surprised that doesn't give more folks pause.
    09-26-10 10:04 AM
    or those with a masters degree in Business Analytics.
    REALLYYY! OMG I DID NOT KNOW THAT
    09-26-10 10:33 AM
    I'm a lefty when I hold my phone. I can't use the iPhone 4 without a case lol. Chicks don't like when you hang up on them (even if it's your phones fault).
    09-26-10 10:39 AM
    I'm a lefty when I hold my phone. I can't use the iPhone 4 without a case lol. Chicks don't like when you hang up on them (even if it's your phones fault).

EDIT: wait wheres the white iphone?? i though it was gonna release in july.. we are in sept and its still not here??? =/
    09-26-10 10:55 AM

EDIT: wait wheres the white iphone?? i though it was gonna release in july.. we are in sept and its still not here??? =/
    No clue. I know there was supposedly a "design issue" but I dunno. Maybe they are trying to fix the antenna.
    09-26-10 10:59 AM
    No clue. I know there was supposedly a "design issue" but I dunno. Maybe they are trying to fix the antenna.
    smh such a shame apple
    09-26-10 11:10 AM
    That article is filled with lots of 'butthurt'. The fact is, right now, Verizon does not need the iPhone anymore and Android is beginning to approach and will eventually surpass IOS's market share. The Droid branding and marketing campaign has been a resounding success and the Apple fanboys can't handle that fact since they can't readily come out and say "I told you so". As Android continues to evolve and improve and its market share grow, we'll see more and more articles like this (not like they matter anyway).

IMO, an iPhone coming to Verizon right now will not have the same impact as it would have years ago. There is now real competition in the consumer market, something the iPhone didn't have until recently. I'm so glad Verizon went with Android and not bend over for Steve Jobs. And now that Samsung came out swinging with some great products, there's even less incentive for them to do so.
    09-26-10 12:25 PM
    The lack of a removable battery kills the iphone for me. If I can't put an extended battery in or carry a spare, that doesn't seem very handy. I like my ipod touch, but hate that same thing about it. I'm surprised that doesn't give more folks pause.

why would anyone be dumb enough to even buy a phone that they immediately need to buy a new bigger battery or carry a second one with them at all times?

you have to give it to blackberry and Apple in this market... they both have stellar battery life even under heavy usage.

i get at least a full 24 hours out of my droid with moderate to heavy usage so i have no complaints but if it got any less i wouldn't even consider it.
    09-26-10 02:20 PM
    Apparently these developers haven't listened to the guys at Beatweek.

http://www.siliconvalley.com/persona...nclick_check=1
    09-26-10 02:22 PM

This.

I have had almost every smartphone that verizon offers and don't get me wrong. I LOVE my droids and honestly, they have gotten me away from Blackberrys because they just WORK. However, the iPhone is to me on a different level as far as ease of use is concerned. I would also have to agree with saying that the iPhone would crush every other verizon phone that they sell right now. And it would be FAST. I would guarantee that.
    09-26-10 02:36 PM
    What do you guys think about the move to LTE? Considering the fact that a new network is approaching, why would Apple Develop a CDMA based Iphone. Also considering the fact that in order to use Voice and Data Simultaneously, the phone needs to be attached to a Wireless network (home, hotel, airport as examples). I still think the one thing Apple wants to be able to accomplish is the ability to use this phone on the go with regards to voice and data communications. LTE would eliminate that short-coming.

Just a thought.
    09-26-10 03:35 PM
    why would anyone be dumb enough to even buy a phone that they immediately need to buy a new bigger battery or carry a second one with them at all times?

you have to give it to blackberry and Apple in this market... they both have stellar battery life even under heavy usage.

i get at least a full 24 hours out of my droid with moderate to heavy usage so i have no complaints but if it got any less i wouldn't even consider it.

The iPhone's battery life has never really been 'stellar'. I owned a 3g at one point and I know a lot of 3gs owners, and the battery life was a big problem then and still is for many. The iPhone 4's is definitely an improvement but I still wouldn't consider it stellar. BBs generally have tiny low-res screens and many of their users aren't heavy into multimedia or web browsing for obvious reasons - so battery life is naturally going to be much better. That will gradually change as they move to a more consumer-oriented OS and produce devices with bigger, better screens.

With battery life, there is no free lunch, and there are always trade offs. I have no problem with getting an extended battery for a phone like the Droid X because the benefits I get from the bigger screen and capabilities is more than worth it. And I would not trade it for the postage-stamp sized iPhone 4 screen or a BB just for better battery life when the problem can be easily solved with an extended, extra battery or car charger.

Also, having a removable battery gives the user more choice and does allow for simpler resetting of the device if need be. And carrying around a tiny battery in the pocket or in the car isn't a problem for most. Besides if the battery goes bad, which happens, there's no need to run to the Apple store or other outlet just to have it replaced.
    09-26-10 03:41 PM

We went out on a trip for a few days up in the mountains, no power but there's enough signal for cell phones to work and I took along a spare cell for my phone. Friend of mine has an iPhone 3GS and can't change batteries so he took along one of those thick battery packs and surely enough his phone died because he forgot to turn it off when he originally planned. Mine died as well but I threw in my second pack and kept going.

Yeah.. that's why. And my iPod doesn't last me a day if I use it, my sister has gone through several iPods because of battery wear and tear and her last one couldn't even stay on for 30 minutes, Apple reps says the batteries only lasts less than 2 years when you use it daily and you have to go buy a whole new iPod, clearly that's Apple's intention.
    09-26-10 03:58 PM

Yeah.. that's why. And my iPod doesn't last me a day if I use it, my sister has gone through several iPods because of battery wear and tear and her last one couldn't even stay on for 30 minutes, Apple reps says the batteries only lasts less than 2 years when you use it daily and you have to go buy a whole new iPod, clearly that's Apple's intention.
    +1

Not only that, they ensure all the battery replacements are bought and done at Apple Stores. They also get to push their new stuff on those that are on the fence on whether to have their batteries replaced or not.
    09-26-10 04:14 PM
    funny thing happen today. i went to a att store today with a friend because he wanted to get a hands on with the captivate. i noticed i had on my droid x tee shirt so i started asking android questions to the reps. first thing i noticed is theres no iphone posters hanging in the store =/ then i asked wheres the iphone he pointed to the far back and they only had 1 display model. in the front of the store was 2 captivates, 1 had launcher pro and the other touch wiz. i asked why you guys set the store up this way and they all said... because everyone that works here have the captivate and the iphone is not a good phone. i ROFL for like 5 min when i heard that. proves that some att reps are not loyal to steve jobs.
    09-26-10 05:15 PM
    4. The producer of Android already has another OS in the wings.

Google is responsible for Android, that much I think we can agree upon. But what about their other OS, Chrome? Do you think that Google is going to continue to show Android love when they are pushing their latest and greatest? And why would you even consider a smartphone OS from a company that has already exited the phone business (Nexus One, anybody)? Once again, the attraction of Android is that it is free. But to Google it�s already old news.

In contrast, iOS is the current darling of one of the largest technological companies in business today. Apple has been responsive to changes, improving with each release in a consistent manner. In fact, Apple has a lot of its future riding on iOS, and it shows. But to Google, Android is only an experiment. Which one would you rather bank on?
    Chrome is being designed for desktop PCs, not for Smartphones.
    09-26-10 06:53 PM

I was dumb enough to have put an extended battery in my former BB Tour just after I got it also. I like being able to walk away from my charger without worrying if the battery will last long enough. Or watch a full length movie/play games and still have some reserve left over. Face it, nobody's standard batteries are anywhere near optimally sized for extremely heavy users. In fact, there are times where I'm using it enough for messaging or browsing that the screen won't even shut off for well over an hour or two at a time. That tends to lead to burning through the battery quickly.

I'm also dumb enough to realize that a user replaceable battery is the ideal way to go, since batteries are well known as having a finite lifespan, and I'm not smart enough to want to pay someone labor costs to replace a battery for me...
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 09-26-10 at 08:16 PM.
    09-26-10 08:07 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD