This happens to me everyday, wherein I have a new message from someone but then I can't open it. So, what I have to do is delete their messages and then make a new one and text them what they have wrote on their previous message to me. I can't do that always because my friend and I already have a long conversation but because I can't open his sms all of a sudden, I need to delete it and remove the past conversations we've had
    09-25-10 06:15 PM
    I'm not sure what your problem is, but try Crunch SMS. Its free through apps world.
    09-25-10 06:20 PM
    What carrier and what version of OS5 are you using?
    09-25-10 06:21 PM
    I'm not sure what your problem is, but try Crunch SMS. Its free through apps world.
    I've tried CrunchSMS before, but didn't like it. Is it normal that when you scroll upwards or downwards, the chat boxes will blink continuously?
    09-25-10 07:04 PM
    I've tried CrunchSMS before, but didn't like it. Is it normal that when you scroll upwards or downwards, the chat boxes will blink continuously?
    definitely not normal. Option would be to reinstall the OS, go with Crunch SMS, or try a hybrid. Sounds like there might be a corrupt file in the OS.
    09-25-10 08:08 PM
    Please see my thread entitled "why can't RIM get the SMS modules right on these 5.0 builds"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 08:52 PM
    K Bear asked what version of OS 5 is installed and running on your blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 02:07 AM
    This used to happen to me, when I was running .406 (I believe.) A soft reboot would usually fix it. The easiest work around I've found is to just hit menu, choose compose sms, and type in the same contact that you're locked out of the thread of. Instead of opening a new thread, it'd just open the one that I couldn't previously get into. A little inconvenient, but way nicer than wiping the conversation every time it happens.

Since I upgraded to .938, it hasn't been an issue to me though.
    09-27-10 03:09 PM
    How do I even know which version Im using? Sorry for the questions. Im lame
    09-27-10 03:28 PM
    Typing 'myver' and hitting space will auto correct to your version, or you can go into options->about to see it as well
    09-28-10 12:50 AM
    it happens to me sometimes.. i just do a battery pull and it seems to fix it
    09-28-10 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD