I just didn't' want to get the S2 refresh as I already have the S2 and I wanted to see what Android offers. More than likely once BB comes out with there LTE Storm, I will come back, I will always likely come back to BB, just felt like checking out the X. I am a gadget junky!!!

I'll still be around of course!
    09-25-10 01:00 PM
    Hope it works out for you. If I end up needing a new phone in the near future I will go Android too.

As for the S2 refresh, as mean as it sounds, I honestly hope nobody buys them and RIM gets a clue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 02:16 PM
    I just didn't' want to get the S2 refresh as I already have the S2 and I wanted to see what Android offers. More than likely once BB comes out with there LTE Storm, I will come back, I will always likely come back to BB, just felt like checking out the X. I am a gadget junky!!!

Congrats. I am very close to doing the same but waiting to see new phones launching over the holidays.

09-25-10 02:44 PM
    Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but this must be the first thread on crackberry about a person announcing they are leaving blackberry for droid.

By the way can't you "just check out" a droid x in the Verizon store without necessarily buying it.

09-25-10 03:22 PM
    Hope it works out for you. If I end up needing a new phone in the near future I will go Android too.

As for the S2 refresh, as mean as it sounds, I honestly hope nobody buys them and RIM gets a clue.

The peeps that get them will not be current or past S1/S2 owners. They might be someone coming from a Pearl or Tour or TORCH! lol
    09-25-10 04:11 PM
    Let us know now it goes. It takes more than a half hour of fiddling to get a real feel for a device.

09-25-10 04:20 PM
    Good luck. I hope you don't mind being connected to a charger nearly all the time. My buddy just traded a Bold for an X, and he is charging all the time and hating it. Some people travel and mind, and some don't.
    09-25-10 04:23 PM
    I left my Tour for an X when it was released. After two replacement Xs, I came back to BB and the Storm 2. And btw, froyo on the X is causing SMS to not work properly.

09-25-10 04:43 PM

I would get the Fascinate instead there are a lot of issues with the Droid X. I just sent mine back and got the Fascinate and wow what a difference!
    09-25-10 07:14 PM
    Something about Motorola products these days.....

09-25-10 08:21 PM
    Something about Motorola products these days.....

These days? Was the Razr reliable and I just didn't know it? How about the [any other Motorola]?
    09-26-10 07:30 AM
    I would get the Fascinate instead there are a lot of issues with the Droid X. I just sent mine back and got the Fascinate and wow what a difference!
    I agree completely just based on my friends and the small testing I have done in the store. The Fascinate seems to have the best compromise for screen size (4"), it rocks the super OMLED, and it is thin and light. Some reviews are also saying the Samsung processor seems superior to the TI or Qualcomm in real world testing despite the same clock frequency. I just wish it was a world phone with a front facing camera!
    09-26-10 10:39 AM
    I left my Tour for an X when it was released. After two replacement Xs, I came back to BB and the Storm 2. And btw, froyo on the X is causing SMS to not work properly.

Motorola has stated they are going to be pushing out a software update to fix that problem, so I assume it will be 2.2.1. I've been keeping an eye on this, as I think the X looks to be the best Droid out right now, feature-wise.
    09-26-10 04:10 PM

I had a Droid 2 and loved it. But had to give it back because it was not global. In december they are going to release a Droid 2 global and I will say good bye to my S2
    09-26-10 07:12 PM
    After four consecutive BB devices I'll be jumping ship to the Android platform as well, and likely to the DX. The Dinc and the Fascinate are still on my radar, but the X looks like the way to go.
    09-28-10 07:55 AM

+1 S2 refresh is a joke. If I ever get another touchscreen smartphone it will be Android based. RIM just hasn't got it down.
    09-28-10 08:06 AM
    Which one do you have in mind? I'm eyeing the Incredible until my contract ends in 2011. If they could hook up thru playbook with hardware, why not their phones?

09-28-10 12:46 PM
    Just got my last S2 replacement via FedEx yesterday: a Samsung Omnia 2.
    09-28-10 01:18 PM
    Which one do you have in mind? I'm eyeing the Incredible until my contract ends in 2011.
    I'm not sure, but with so many to choose from, it won't be hard to replace Storm2.

Interestingly enough, I got my Storm2 on 3/24/2010, and just last week I got an email from VZW saying I've earned a new phone on the line that I bought S2 on...and I've never once complained to VZW about my S2, despite the fact that all the OS' they've released suck. The email offer included Droid2, DroidX and Incredible.
    Last edited by plkcable; 09-28-10 at 02:15 PM.
    09-28-10 01:29 PM
    Interesting. I might have to double check if I qualify for an early upgrade

09-28-10 02:13 PM
    Just got my last S2 replacement via FedEx yesterday: a Samsung Omnia 2.
    Does it offer some of the great Storm2 features like the Robotic Voice or spasm-like clicking?
    09-28-10 02:22 PM
    I haven't gotten much Robotic stuff in my calls lately, but I can relate!

09-28-10 06:54 PM
    Does it offer some of the great Storm2 features like the Robotic Voice or spasm-like clicking?
    Ahh I do miss the spasm clicking...
    09-28-10 07:19 PM
    Ahh I do miss the spasm clicking...
    ^^^lol, i forgot about that...
    09-28-10 08:48 PM
    Send me your old Storm!

09-28-10 08:49 PM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD