I just wanted to make this aware to the CrackBerry community. Ever since I upgraded to the new OS6 leak on my 9650, my battery life has been horrible. I couldn't understand why. And then I noticed that maybe the Social Feeds app was running in the background all the time. I closed it every time I wasn't using it, but it doesn't have an "exit" function like many other apps but only a "close" option, and it appeared that every time I opened it, it seemed like the same screen I closed it on. Perhaps convincing me that the Social Feeds app was running in the background all the time. Well, I decided to delete the app altogether to see how my battery life was after that, and I can tell you confidently that my battery life has improved significantly since doing that.

It was going from 100% each morning to about 60% in 2 hours of moderate use and now it's losing 10% every 4 hours or so. Hmm. I can't say this will work for everyone, but is it possible that Social Feeds is the battery killer? If so, why wouldn't RIM allow that app to be exited out and only run when we want to use it?
    09-24-10 03:09 PM
    hmm. I have closed it and it doesnt show as running in background. But as soon as i open it, it does go to my last status.

Battery has been pretty crappy. Down to 46% after 7-8 hours of light to moderate use. Might try to delete and see if that helps.
    Last edited by binkyj1101; 09-24-10 at 04:08 PM.
    09-24-10 04:03 PM
    Thanks RatfinkStooley for sharing this.

I confirm that the Social Feed is a battery killer. I deleted the application yesterday and I can say that my BB battery life is a lot better today.
    09-24-10 04:10 PM
    If i delete can i reinstall this without having to reinstall the whole OS??
    09-24-10 04:14 PM
    If i delete can i reinstall this without having to reinstall the whole OS??
    yeah, isn't there a thread about this somewhere else on Crackberry for those who upgraded and didn't get the Social Feeds apps? I'm almost positive. But either way, I doubt you'll put it back on. I use Vodafone Update for my Twitter/FB needs on OS6.
    09-24-10 04:21 PM
    I deleted Social Feeds like others. Notice a good battery drain with the app running. Even when the app is closed it seems to still use battery. I was seeing a good 5-10 percent drop a half hour. Dropped from 100 to 45 percent after 8 hours of moderate use. Deleted it and now 4 hours later its only down 5-7 percent!
    09-24-10 09:28 PM
    I deleted Social Feeds like others. Notice a good battery drain with the app running. Even when the app is closed it seems to still use battery. I was seeing a good 5-10 percent drop a half hour. Dropped from 100 to 45 percent after 8 hours of moderate use. Deleted it and now 4 hours later its only down 5-7 percent!
    lol, i think we're on to something here then. Isn't that odd that RIM created an app that would do such a thing? I don't care how cool an app is, if it's always running in the background and sucks my battery life this bad; it needs to go.
    09-24-10 09:55 PM
    I use the Social Feeds app constantly on my Torch and only noticed a drain when it was set to auto-refresh my social networking and RSS feeds. Once I set it to only refresh manually I had no problems.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 09:54 AM
    Well i thought Social Feeds was causing my battery to drop quick, but its not. Deleted it on Friday to test it. On a normal work day I use my phone moderately from 7am to 4pm.

With Social feeds I was dropped to around 40-48% by 4pm.

Tested today without Social feeds and it was at 48% by 4pm.

So its not causing battery drain, well atleast for me
    09-27-10 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD