09-23-10 02:39 PM
    its coming to Verizon june 2011 with a 4 inch screen and lte radio.
    09-23-10 03:55 PM
    There was nothing in there that states the iPhone was never coming... just that it won't be there until LTE is in place, which it will be by the end of the year in many major cities across the country.

Statements like this: Verizon's CEO said the iPhone is not coming to the wireless carrier any time soon, at least until its new 4G, or fourth-generation cellular network is in place.

I would expect it next year definitely.
    09-23-10 06:05 PM
    Yep! I love my iPhone by AT&T. Why people want the iphone on vzw so bad!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 08:21 PM
    I agree it's not coming in the very near future, but as LTE is rolled out it will come. I'd imagine the CDMA chips ordered will be to handle network hand over from LTE/CDMA and cover areas that aren't LTE capable. Apple could then push iPhone 4G (ready) with an update to turn the LTE radio on in an iOS update. I'm going to stick with a release early next year... 1Q?
    Last edited by dcsr23; 09-23-10 at 08:31 PM.
    09-23-10 08:28 PM
    verizons service sucks anyways at&t is amazing
    09-24-10 12:50 PM
    someone is smoking crack with the VZW sucks comment

You will not see an iphone on VZW until att contract ends and LTE is up in a good amount of the US. That is NOT going happen until late next year as the first LTE devices are bound to be wireless cards and then some android devices.
    09-24-10 12:58 PM
    Yep! I love my iPhone by AT&T. Why people want the iphone on vzw so bad!

Oh, I don't know? Maybe because VZW customers do not want to leave for AT&Ts network just for a phone?

I never had a problem with AT&T and their service, but many people do and VZW is rated the best carrier. They want to stay on the best carrier and have the iPhone.
    09-24-10 01:06 PM
    for the sake of argument..
    let's give Verizon the iphone.. or another carrier the iphone.
    here's the scenario..

a. it will clog the network so fast Verizon subscribers will be complaining as well.. that's what happening with us at AT&T..
    too many people.. using data all at the same time... leading to dropped calls and sluggish 3G service.
    - this is one of the reason s why AT&T put a cap on the data plans.

b. AT&T iphone owners won't upgrade with AT&T but transfer instead to Verizon..resulting to less congestion and possible a better service for the rest of the AT&T subscribers.

c. Higher fees for data both from VErizon and AT&T ( SPrint is doing it already with the additional $10 for using 4G... it won't be surprising for AT&T and Verizon to do the same with LTE ( 4G).

d. T-mobile will get an iphone.. probably the iphone 3GS and every T mo subscribers will rejoice and embrace Apple
    09-24-10 07:51 PM
    Mark, you have some very good points, which I completely agree with, except d.
    09-24-10 08:39 PM
    I won't head to verizon if they get the iPhone. I never could understand this...three towers less than a mile from my house, sprint, AT&T and verizon. Had a storm 2 and incredible with verizon...lucky to get one bar in the house. With the iPhone 4, steady 4 bars and no dropped calls.

09-26-10 06:26 AM
    its coming to Verizon june 2011 with a 4 inch screen and lte radio.

Sure about that?
    09-26-10 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD