I've looked several times at buying Tether, the app that lets you tether your BB to your laptop.

I travel on business, and my BB account is paid by the company. I am afraid that using Tether on ATT will result in tethering charges. The whole point is to avoid charges for using my laptop in airports and at hotels that charge for internet. So, incurring a tether charge would defeat the purpose.

I am looking for people who have used Tether on ATT for at least a couple of months, so I can see if I'd be charged.

Anyone?
    09-23-10 08:52 AM
    Maybe try 'search' feature. I know it's been covered many times here. Tether seems to be better than the other program. The main thing is you have to be in the position to show a LOT of data usage to stay under the radar.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 09:23 AM
    I think the general feeling on the board is that if you are a light Tether user that the carriers will not care at all. If you are constantly streaming TV, Radio, downloading movies, etc., they will notice an potentially take action for violation of the TOS.
    09-23-10 09:23 AM
    I've used Tether (also an Illinois AT&T user)on my 9700 and haven't incurred extra charges.
    09-23-10 09:26 AM
    I was using Tether on my work BB. They did an update and screwed up the APN settings so Bell could see me tethering. Luckily I didn't use it too much, but I did have an extra $100 bill.

I haven't used it since.
    09-23-10 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD