So I updated to v.246 and today was my first full day of running it. I used my phone as normal from 8am to 1pm and the battery was draind and I kept having a clock going around on the screen and the phone was really slow. Anyone else having and problems or do you have and solutions. Thanks
    09-22-10 08:04 PM
    This post should be put here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-246-a-530980/

Have you done a few battery pulls since the OS update?
    09-22-10 08:12 PM
    Yes I have done about 10 or 12.
    09-22-10 08:14 PM
    Assuming you don't have several apps running in the background you probably had a bad install. I'd suggest wiping and reinstalling - sometimes it just goes wrong somewhere. If you're seeing the spinning clock a lot and having bad battery problems something is very wrong.
    09-22-10 08:19 PM
    What do you mean wipe? I am really still very new at this beta updating. Thanks for your help.
    09-22-10 08:23 PM
    Power management is hosed on .246 a reinstall won't help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 08:33 PM
    It's kind of a pain to be honest...

You need to download BBSAK from my signature at the bottom of this post.

Make a backup of your device with DM6.

Close DM6 and launch BBSAK. Click "Backup Apps" and wait until it says it's finished. Then click Wipe Device. I don't remember if this brings you to loader.exe or not but if not click "Load OS". It will launch Loader.exe for you.

Then, click next until you get to this screen:

Here you will click "Add". Go to the directory C:\Program Files(86)\BBSAK\Backup and select the .alx file. This will load all your backed up apps and they will be installed by loader.exe when you hit next.

Once it's all done let the phone boot up. Do a battery pull after everything is done loading. Once up, use DM6 to restore your device from the backup file you created. Make sure all your settings and correct - open your apps and do any settings you want changed - then do another battery pull.
    09-22-10 08:34 PM
    Power management is hosed on .246 a reinstall won't help.
    You'd be in the minority, I think. Many people have reported good battery life. Personally I think it's the same as .214 and .225.

He obviously has a bigger problem though, as he is reporting slowness and a constant spinning clock.
    09-22-10 08:35 PM
    .246 in fine. you have other issues with 3rd party software, or your phone. Exchange it if you still can.
    09-22-10 08:58 PM
    Tomorrow would be the last day for me to exchange it. When I go to the 3rd party apps place in the options menu it has none listed. Okay so another question. If I has have a problem with the screen being wiggley should i have to pay a resocking fee at the at&t store.
    09-22-10 09:17 PM
    Your apps are listed at options/device/application management

The options/3rd party applications is where settings are located for apps that are designed to be controlled through the BB options menu instead of within the app itself.

I had to exchange my Torch once - I did it on the 29th day. I paid no fees whatsoever. The screen will be a little wiggly no matter what...if it seems like it's more than normal then yes you should return it while you can and thoroughly test the new one you get (hardware test) before leaving the store.
    09-22-10 10:46 PM
    There is a GREAT app called "TiltOff" in the app store that will cure your funky screen rotation issues. The other one in the app store doesn't work as advertised. All that sporadic "tilting" is not necessarily an advantage IMO.
    Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 09-22-10 at 11:13 PM.
    09-22-10 11:07 PM
    I have great battery life with .246 and I have many apps installed
    09-23-10 10:33 AM
    If you have a battery drain issue that no one apparently else has, you should list all of your third-party apps when asking for help.
    09-23-10 10:59 AM
    Actually I'm seeing a little bit more battery drainage on .246 than .225. Not much to really complain about though, it's still much better than my 9000 ever was on any OS.
    09-23-10 11:59 AM
    Installed 246 this am. We'll see if this fixes my pesky data dx issues...

One thing I noticed immediately is a slight menu change when looking at emails. I liked the one-touch "delete prior" icon "X" that came up when you touched the menu bar above the messages. That's gone in this version! Grrrrrr : (
    09-23-10 01:04 PM
    Okay I am running Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Maps, Fandango, and Mr. Number. My battery life is some what better today.
    09-23-10 02:33 PM
    Having same battery issues after upgrading to .246, was running fine with .214 not sure what to make of it since most people seem to be running fine with it but I have seen people with the same issue with this version.
    09-23-10 02:38 PM
    Just a thougt, i have been using quickpull app to reboot the phone, just did an actuall battery pull and the phone seemed more resposive than after a quickpull, im uninstalling and re installing that app, it might be the source of the problem.
    09-23-10 02:43 PM
    the quickpull app is useless... doesnt do an actual battery pull just a simulated reboot.
    09-23-10 02:50 PM
    Okay I am running Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Maps, Fandango, and Mr. Number. My battery life is some what better today.
    Unless you have all of those open at the same time you still should not be getting slowdowns and spinning clocks. If you are, something is wrong with your OS install.
    09-23-10 03:00 PM
    I liked the one-touch "delete prior" icon "X" that came up when you touched the menu bar above the messages. That's gone in this version! Grrrrrr : (
    I've accidentally touched stuff far too many times to mourn the loss of that accident-waiting-to-happen! Delete Prior is still there if you hit the BBButton on the menu bar.
    09-23-10 04:14 PM
    the quickpull app is useless... doesnt do an actual battery pull just a simulated reboot.
    I have been useing the app Deset and that seems to shut everything down and does the reboot thing. Can't tell what it does, but I can see that my memory is higher after the reboot.
    09-23-10 04:20 PM
    why don't people just use the alt/shift/delete method to restart instead of battery pulls? works perfect for me.
    09-23-10 04:57 PM
    Quick update, removing the quickpull app and reinstalling fixed my battery drain issue and made the phone more responsive. That app doesnt go thru the os upgrade well I guess.

Josh, for some reason i cant always get it to reboot with the keyboard, not sure why, fat fingers maybe...
    09-23-10 05:04 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD