Exactly what the title says. You guys see those 9570 pics? Now we know... Should we be happy about this? 10mb isn't a whole lot left over, but that os has gotta be shrinkable. Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 04:02 PM
    Absolutely. I'm so pissed at Verizon and rim right now.

The only reason that they stopped testing os6 on the S2 is that they couldn't fit any of their god damn bloatware on it. Since I got my S1, there hasn't been one instance of an os installation that i have ever had that I didn't use Shrink - a - os.

I will be surprised to see if there is actually a faster CPU in the refresh due to the fact that the only CDMA cpu that RIM uses hasn't changed in years. Qualcom MSM7600. The 624 MHZ cpu is for GSM devices.

Same situation is happening for 9700 users 9780? Really though? WTF, im snapping....

Want to throw my S2 at a wall. Oh wait, i might miss a BBM.

Damn you RIM, I'm an addict.
    09-22-10 04:37 PM
    Well even without bloat it still takes up well over 200 I think with normal rim stuff like browser bbm addressbook etc. But we know once shrunk we can run it
    09-22-10 04:40 PM
    Well even without bloat it still takes up well over 200 I think with normal rim stuff like browser bbm addressbook etc. But we know once shrunk we can run it
    So we should be pumped? I just haven't really played around with OS6 but I assumed it could be shrunk like OS5. I remember running my S1 with 15-20mb free, so maybe once an os leaks for the 9570 we will have something. I know all this is basically pointless, but after all this waiting I can't help but be excited haha
    09-22-10 05:17 PM
    Exactly what the title says. You guys see those 9570 pics? Now we know... Should we be happy about this? 10mb isn't a whole lot left over, but that os has gotta be shrinkable. Any thoughts?
    Not quite sure it's anything to get excited about, even if you could shrink it, it wont load on a 9550.
    09-22-10 05:23 PM
    Not quite sure it's anything to get excited about, even if you could shrink it, it wont load on a 9550.
    How do you figure?
    09-22-10 05:32 PM
    How do you figure?
    It would be like saying you could load an OS from 9550 on an 9530, it's just not going to work.
    09-22-10 05:35 PM
    It would be like saying you could load an OS from 9550 on an 9530, it's just not going to work.
    I see your point, but that's a bad example because the input method is different for the 9530 and 9550. As long as there is a working radio file I can't really see how a 9570 os wouldn't load on a 9550. Of course I could be absolutely wrong, but I'd be real interested in the technical reasoning behind it.
    09-22-10 05:41 PM
    right, we dont know if the leak/official Storm 9570 will run on the 9550 and i doubt it will. But if we get a OS 6 9550 leak that should be easily shrunk down to work
    09-22-10 05:42 PM
    I see your point, but that's a bad example because the input method is different for the 9530 and 9550. As long as there is a working radio file I can't really see how a 9570 os wouldn't load on a 9550. Of course I could be absolutely wrong, but I'd be real interested in the technical reasoning behind it.
    Yes if you had an OS6 SFI file specficially for the 9550, it MAY be possible to use (assuming its not extremely old and API not complete). But you cant take another devices SFI file and load it on another, no matter how similar the device may seem. It has never been possible and look how many Curve devices out there that are similar.
    09-22-10 05:47 PM
    Yes if you had an OS6 SFI file specficially for the 9550, it MAY be possible to use (assuming its not extremely old and API not complete). But you cant take another devices SFI file and load it on another, no matter how similar the device may seem. It has never been possible and look how many Curve devices out there that are similar.
    Thank you, that makes sense.
    09-22-10 05:50 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    im sure a huge ammount of storm1 owners will tell you that 10mb is nothing, i remember everyone cheering when people got it over 40Mb free, 30-35 was the norm, and everyone said it was poor, while i would love to see 6 on a storm2, the chaos that little to no memory (fb is a few meg, so is t4bb) will cause in the whole random reboots due to low memory is a major factor.

it makes sense for verizon to not roll out an update of that size considering what they had when they did it to the storm1 (plus theat wont give you a reason to get the 9570 lol)
    09-22-10 07:05 PM
    Thank you, that makes sense.
    Glad I made some sense It would be nice if S2 owners were able to get a leak of 6 so hybrids could be made. Also to elborate on my previous point about Curve devices, the one I was referring to specifically was the 8330 and 8330M, pretty much identical phones, but the OS 5 SFI from the 8330 cannot be loaded on the 8330M (which never got OS 5).
    09-22-10 07:13 PM
    8330M (which never got OS 5).
    I never knew that. Nice bit of bb trivia
    09-22-10 07:34 PM
    So who has the ability to give us a leak? I mean, where do they come from?
    09-22-10 07:41 PM
    So who has the ability to give us a leak? I mean, where do they come from?
    Typically RIM, it's like free beta testing. Crackberry members get ahold of it, install and start using, and the forums light up with findings. RIM can find out in a day or two what they need to keep working on. Theoretically.
    09-22-10 11:42 PM
    with all apps installed that i need my torch has 310mb free memory
    i see no problem running OS6 on the Storm2
    will keep my storm2 as second phone for a while in hope to get OS6 on it.
    miss the surepress!
    09-23-10 08:03 AM
    with all apps installed that i need my torch has 310mb free memory. i see no problem running OS6 on the Storm2
    OS6 takes up a lot more memory on the storm
    09-23-10 10:31 AM
    We need an insider at RIM or VZW to leak one of the Storm2 OS 6 builds. Anybody out there??? throw us a bone man!

Edit: one more thing i forgot to ask: even if we do get OS6, what is the likelyhood of getting any compatible apps? I would think that for us to get compatible apps, an official release would be needed. Why would a developer waist any time on an app that only a small population of S2 users would be able to use?
    Last edited by bmoney1229; 09-23-10 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Edit
    09-23-10 10:46 AM
    We need an insider at RIM or VZW to leak one of the Storm2 OS 6 builds. Anybody out there??? throw us a bone man!

Edit: one more thing i forgot to ask: even if we do get OS6, what is the likelyhood of getting any compatible apps? I would think that for us to get compatible apps, an official release would be needed. Why would a developer waist any time on an app that only a small population of S2 users would be able to use?
    I'm no dev, so I could just be talking outta my a$$; but ostensibly if apps get designed for the 9570 with OS6 they should work. Again, theoretically.
    09-23-10 12:21 PM
    OS6 takes up a lot more memory on the storm
    why should it take more on the storm than on the torch?
    the troch standart installation was about the same as you can see at the leaked 9570 pix
    09-23-10 12:53 PM
    why should it take more on the storm than on the torch?
    the troch standart installation was about the same as you can see at the leaked 9570 pix
    The subject of debate for a few months now, without actual proof as to why we just go back and forth with speculation and well-informed theories. Prevailing theory is because of the SurePress input mechanism requires more memory - the Torch is just a touchscreen with a physical keyboard.
    09-23-10 01:00 PM
    I thought I read in other threads that it was "being tested by Verizon and they abandoned it"... or something like that. If that is the case... there must have been an installation package for it, right? So someone has to have it... at least I am thinking that must be the case.
    09-23-10 01:09 PM
    I thought I read in other threads that it was "being tested by Verizon and they abandoned it"... or something like that. If that is the case... there must have been an installation package for it, right? So someone has to have it... at least I am thinking that must be the case.
    That was actually a rumor, but it's one that most of us have accepted as truth. Even if it were true, there's no installation package that made it out to the public. Because believe you me, if that happened the Crackberry nation would have descended upon that like sharks in a feeding frenzy.
    09-23-10 01:26 PM
    so they have to add the surepress but in the same way they can get rid of the keyboard and trackpad input
    and on the 9570(also surepress) leaked pix you can se 256+ mb free (exactly 274.4), sorry for my poor math skill but if you sub that from 512 its below 256
    so it would run on the orginal s2
    Last edited by gfr3; 09-23-10 at 02:29 PM.
    09-23-10 02:21 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD