Anyone have problems with this. I did a battery pull but that didn't work
    09-22-10 09:21 AM
    does this work?

Hello All - I think the solution is as follows -

1. Login to Gmail email account portal from Web browser

2. "Archive" all conversations (email) from Inbox - in other words empty it.

3. Log out

4. From Blackberry phone go to Settings | Email Settings and delete Gmail account

5. Reboot Blackberry phone

6. Re-establish Gmail account in Email Settings

This worked for me - After a few test emails I was even able to Delete Prior Opened again. I've a sinking feeling this may have something to do with the Gmail side and where sync is concerned. Hope this helps.
    09-22-10 09:24 AM
    This is what I notice: I always have one email showing as unopened in gmail. No matter what I try. I just don't use that icon and use the "messages" icon. All my mail from my diff accounts show up in the messages file anyway and it shows empty when it is empty. I control all email from "messages".
    09-22-10 09:31 AM
    This is what I notice: I always have one email showing as unopened in gmail. No matter what I try. I just don't use that icon and use the "messages" icon. All my mail from my diff accounts show up in the messages file anyway and it shows empty when it is empty. I control all email from "messages".
    That's a bug in 732 & 810: the new message indicator doesn't clear from the GMail folder, if you open the emails in the Messages folder.
    09-22-10 09:44 AM
    does this work?
    Its been almost a year since I've had to do this, and this minor nuisance started happening again yesterday, but yes, it is a 'work-around' - I've read that it is a bug in the .732 & .810s and here I am on .328 - Too many devices ...Not enough time to take the time to update - But shucks, I'm not inclined to experiment with updates (too lazy and or not enough time I suppose), and as the saying goes "if it ain't broke ..." This particular 9530 in the past two-years has been a rock (as opposed to a brick - knock-on-wood) - Thanks for the follow-up.
    08-04-11 12:05 PM
    Its been almost a year since I've had to do this, and this minor nuisance started happening again yesterday, but yes, it is a 'work-around' - I've read that it is a bug in the .732 & .810s and here I am on .328 - Too many devices ...Not enough time to take the time to update - But shucks, I'm not inclined to experiment with updates (too lazy and or not enough time I suppose), and as the saying goes "if it ain't broke ..." This particular 9530 in the past two-years has been a rock (as opposed to a brick - knock-on-wood) - Thanks for the follow-up.
    How on earth are you still running 328 for 9530? What pile of hash that one is. You need to update that thing!
    08-04-11 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD