So I just downloaded os 6 onto my 9650 and everything works great except one little thing, I still have all my applications from os 5 and now they are all scattered on the ALL folder. How can i move these apps onto the downloads folder??(once I click to move to folder, the downloads option is not there)

Sorry if it's a stupid question but i really can't figure it out lol and its driving me crazy!!

Thanks
    09-21-10 08:26 PM
    Nope, it is driving me crazy as well so I put them in my favorites until I can figure it out. The calendar is awful, I miss being able to scroll left to right to change the date vi hate having to use my menu button to open the calendar click go to date just to see what is on my schedule for tomorrow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 08:50 PM
    QUOTE=kellyjdrummer;5604199]Move your cursor to the app icon. Menu>Move to Folder. Choose the folder and click the name of the folder to move to.[/QUOTE]

Not to be mean or disrespectful but did you read my entire post?

09-21-10 09:50 PM
    From what I can tell, the downloads menu bar option is only for apps that are actually downloaded directly to your device. It's not really a folder anymore. You can create a new folder yourself though, and move your apps to it.
    09-22-10 07:15 AM
    I can give you links to the programs, but if you delete the programs and then inject them back in from an app backup from bbsak, they should show up in the downloads folder. The only thing is you have to inject them back in using blackberry master control Program. Injecting them back in with bbsak might or probably won't work. But i did this in bbmcp, and now all my web launchers are in this folder.
    On a side note, it is stupid that you can't just select the downloads folder to add files too yourself. I think this is a theme problem though, so lets hope we can change this with the new theme builder.

Last edited by dschachm; 09-22-10 at 08:42 AM.
    09-22-10 08:32 AM
    Nope, it is driving me crazy as well so I put them in my favorites until I can figure it out. The calendar is awful, I miss being able to scroll left to right to change the date vi hate having to use my menu button to open the calendar click go to date just to see what is on my schedule for tomorrow

I'm not loving the calendar either HOWEVER you can still scroll left and right to get to tomorrows date and so on. You just have to swipe the trackpad real quickly. You don't have to go and change the date every time.
    09-22-10 08:44 AM
    Won't the space key go to the next day as well like on 5.0?

09-22-10 02:25 PM
    I am having the same problem; all my icons are scatter all over my home screen, and downloads on my home screen is empty.

I had no issues when upgrading from OS 5 to OS 6, everything stayed in its place (downloaded apps inside downloads home screen, etc). My problem started when I accidentally input my password wrong three times (as a result of my phone had stalled), and thereafter all my data was wiped out. After the wiping stage was completed, that's when all my icons where all over the place. I have already marked my most used icons under favorites, but I still have not found a way on how I go about moving my downloaded apps into the download home screen. I searched on YouTube, Blackberry Support and Google for a solution to this, but had no luck finding an answer. I already removed the battery and put it back in, but that did not helped at all. I also tried to organize those scatter icons on my home screen using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, but no luck with this either. One thing that I noticed, it seems that icons on the ALL home screen can be moved, but only within the same ALL home screen, but not outside of the ALL home screen and into the downloads home screen. If anyone knows how to move icons from ALL home screen to DOWNLOADS home screen, your help will be very much appreciated.

P.S. I am unclear if the downloads home screen is a folder within the device. I assume it is not, as I cannot find an ALL home screen folder either.
    03-27-11 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD