Hi there.
    I've notice using wifi (with mobile network disabled) that a lot of BB application, such as BB app word, will works fine. When I use browser, with internet browsing set in the options, it will use wifi connection (obviously due to mobile networks off...) but when I check my IP it returns blackberry service IP!!!
    Now, I think it could be such a proxy, gateway or similar forwarding, but the final question is: does surfing with wifi affect my prepaid 500MB/month of internet service?? And more: when I have both wifi and mobile on, which one will be used by my BB??

Thanks in advance
    09-21-10 11:11 AM
    Hi there.
    I've notice using wifi (with mobile network disabled) that a lot of BB application, such as BB app word, will works fine. When I use browser, with internet browsing set in the options, it will use wifi connection (obviously due to mobile networks off...) but when I check my IP it returns blackberry service IP!!!
    Now, I think it could be such a proxy, gateway or similar forwarding, but the final question is: does surfing with wifi affect my prepaid 500MB/month of internet service?? And more: when I have both wifi and mobile on, which one will be used by my BB??

Thanks in advance
    Dont think that should even matter... the first thing you said was "mobile network disabled" meaning that as long as you're not using your wireless providers network to transmit data then your data surfing on wifi is fine.....

Most providers encourage using wifi as it takes the strain off their network... only when you start to use your wireless provider for internet and data transmitting should you see your data affected.

As far as when you have both wife and mobile on your bb will use wifi unless the signal for wifi is weak and then switch to your network provider for data
    09-21-10 12:16 PM
    Many thanks nygjay!

I've notice some applications won't works if there is no mobile network (eg. Google Maps). Do you think there is some workaround which force application to use WiFi ignoring mobile network?

Ciao
    09-22-10 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD