When I enter a number on the on sreen telephone keypad I get at least two numbers entered. I have tried to be very careful when I press the keypad but there is no way to keep it from happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 10:26 AM
    There might be some debris or something lodged under the key pad. If the phone is under warranty then bring it in, otherwise I suggest to take it apart and clean it up.
    09-21-10 10:41 AM
    Although the OP says telephone key pad... he also says the 'on screen' key pad... I don't think there would be debris under the screen.

To OP...
    Is there a problem inputting numbers with the physical key pad?
    Do you have a screen protector installed?
    09-21-10 10:48 AM
    There is no problem with the physical keyboard. The problem is the with the virtual telephone keypad when the physical keyboard is closed.

09-21-10 12:16 PM
    It sounds like the touch screen needs calibration. When I was getting my Torch, the first one that the guy at Best Buy pulled was doing the same. I would type on the screen and either get the wrong input or multiple keys were selected. I would return for another since I don't think there's a way for the end user to calibrate.
    09-21-10 01:14 PM
    OK, I will do that. Thank you.

09-21-10 01:30 PM
    I'll ask again... do you have a screen protector? There's lots of documentation with certain screen protectors messing up certain on-screen input.

Has this happened since new or is it a problem that just cropped up?
    I'm not aware of any settings that would create this so if it's always been a problem you might want to think about replacement.
    I've just tried mine several times, even hitting the edges of the number areas and I only get one number inputted at a time.
    09-21-10 01:36 PM
    I don't have any problems with the on-screen keypad when dialing. I do have a problem once connected however. The key pad seems to go dead. If for instance I've dialed into a conference call and I'm being asked to punch in an access number. Or say I've retrieved my voice mail and I want to delete or save a message. Once I'm connected the key pad doesn't function and I'm forced to open the slider and use the physical slider. At least that was true on OS .141. Last night I upgraded to .246 and the problem seems to have been fixed.
    09-21-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD