Hey guys,

So i two weeks ago I added my gmail and university email address' on my blackberry and I have been getting regular emails pushed to my blackberry. Last night I added both my hotmail account and now when I check my hotmail account online, it says I have 5 new messages but on my blackberry it says no new messages. When i added the hotmail accounts, I got an email saying "action Required: leave messages on server". But I dont use Outlook or Thunderbird to view my emails. How do I go about fixing this? Thanks!
    09-20-10 11:24 PM
    I am having the same problem. I linked my @live msn email account to my new 9700 but it wont let me link @hotmail. It keeps saying wrong password even though it is the correct password I even checked by logging in from pc. Something has gone awry I think. Don't get to frustrated your not alone on this one lets hope someone comes along and tells us how to fix this lol.
    09-20-10 11:32 PM
    Does not push hotmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 01:07 AM
    Does not push hotmail.

Absolutely untrue. Mine pushes flawlessly, most times even quicker than my Outlook can receive them.

09-21-10 02:41 AM
    Absolutely untrue. Mine pushes flawlessly, most times even quicker than my Outlook can receive them.

Kinda untrue. Push email and inbox/sent sync is available through MSN MSP KB24360 Depends on carrier according to RIM, which unfortunately for me doesn't include AT&T anymore. I used to have the option to enable this myself in the BIS options but now all I get is POP3
    Do not ever remove your hotmail account! If you do you might not be able to set it to use MSN MSP again!

To the OP: Judging by the message you received, I'm guessing you're on POP3 with your hotmail. It should take no more than 15min to receive email on your Berry through that protocol. Have you tried sending a couple of test emails to the hotmail? Resend service books?
    09-21-10 03:25 AM
    Same problem here!! Messages from Hotmail do not push through in a timely fashion. Night time is the worst; most evenings if I send something after 8:00 p.m. it won't show up on my Blackberry Bold 9700 until 2 or 3 in the morning!! AT&T is my server. Very frustrating; I guess I'll be switching to Gmail and see if that works!!
    09-21-10 04:21 AM
    Hey guys,

So i realized that it means nothing. The email you get is only significant if you ARE using an email client. I sent some test emails from one address to another and I got it on my blackberry. It took almost 20 minutes to come though.
    09-21-10 10:03 AM
    Yeah my fiance is having the same issue on Telus.

She finally got her first berry and now is like WTF, this sucks... how can people depend on these. And now wants another device!
    09-21-10 10:10 AM
    When I think of hotmail, the first word that comes to mind is... SPAM! LOAD OF SPAM!! lol

09-21-10 09:40 PM
    yeah that is true.....SPAMMMMMM....hate hotmail for that!!!!
    09-21-10 09:50 PM
    When I think of hotmail, the first word that comes to mind is... SPAM! LOAD OF SPAM!! lol

Heh, yeah in a lot of cases. However, in my case, my school provides a student email account that is hosted on hotmail
    09-22-10 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD