Ok so I am at my wits end with this phone and I have had it less than a week. Several problems with this particular phone but my main one is "Initialization Failed". I have tried the paper and plastic trick on the sim card. My sim card is fine because I am able to get the internet on another phone I have. I do not have a warranty on the phone because it belonged to my mom but she never used it. Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks in advance for any help.
    09-20-10 11:07 PM
    Its a combo of your phone and network. SIM cards communicate with towers, and for whatever reason your SIM card is unable to communicate to those towers. You can either:

A) pull your sim card out and try resetting (which you tried?) and sometimes that will work.

B) go to your service provider and get a new SIM card

For whatever reason the phone + SIM card + tower connections are not working together. Did your SIM card get damaged while switching phones? the connections get scratched?

Heres a link to another discussion, this one for Curve 83XX...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ini...-failed-61313/

Let me know...
    09-20-10 11:32 PM
    The sim was fine. I wiped the handheld and it is not showing initialization failed but the card is not working. I forgot to mention that the phone is unlocked os that I could use it with AT&T instead of Tmobile. I will definitely try a new sim card and hopefully that will fix the problem. Will update when I do.
    09-21-10 09:32 AM
    Ok. Got a new sim from AT&T and that was not problem. I think the phone just did not want to work right after it froze during a charge in the middle of the night. I have given up and will just be trying a new phone when my contract expires. Thanks for your help.
    09-21-10 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD