I upgraded to the OS 6 leak on my 9650 like many and I'm really liking the Social Feeds app. However, I have a weird problem. As many of you know, there are issues downloading .jad files with the browser. I didn't have the Facebook app installed before I upgraded, and then I realized that it must be installed on my 9650 for it to incorporate into Social Feeds (I was using SocialScope prior to this for my FB needs) So because of the OTA issues, I simply went to Apporld to download the FB app, and it went smoothly and works fine, but Social Feeds still doesn't pick it up and incorporate it. Any ideas how to remedy this?

Thank you much!
    09-20-10 10:26 PM
    try to uninstall FB and download it from mobile.blackberry.com
    09-20-10 10:32 PM
    try to uninstall FB and download it from mobile.blackberry.com
    that worked! thank you very much!
    09-20-10 10:46 PM
    i installed the leak but i cant find/dont have the social feeds app....at all
    09-21-10 09:33 PM
    i installed the leak but i cant find/dont have the social feeds app....at all
    I don't see the app either, I was kind of looking forward to trying it.
    09-27-10 02:01 PM
    You must plug your bb in then open loader.exe in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader . you will be prompted to reinstall the software and make sure social feeds is checked off it took seconds to update my unit and social feeds was there.
    11-04-10 10:26 AM
    that worked! thank you very much!

"uninstall FB and download from mobile.blackberry.com"

Worked for me as well. Excellent. Hard to get support from RIM with leaks thank god for Crackberry.
    Last edited by cptstnkpnts; 11-04-10 at 10:40 AM.
    11-04-10 10:36 AM
    You must plug your bb in then open loader.exe in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader . you will be prompted to reinstall the software and make sure social feeds is checked off it took seconds to update my unit and social feeds was there.
    I had the same issue, you will need to delete the vendor.xml before the Social feeds will show up in the application loader.
    MaxPayne79 likes this.
    11-05-10 04:20 PM
    I had the same issue, you will need to delete the vendor.xml before the Social feeds will show up in the application loader.
    I personally did that before installing this FW ... from 5.0.0.733 or something similar using Rogers. I'm on BES but no IT Policy parameters are set for me [IT]. STill Feeds did NOT show up using 6.0.0.344.

update ... battery pull after installing FaceBook and Twit from HH homepage and its NOT there.
    Last edited by Jagga; 11-06-10 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Correction NOT there.
    11-06-10 08:36 PM
    When I was using the .280 leak on my 9650, FB showed in the Social Feeds. After upgrading to .333, it disappeared. I tried the suggestion of deleting FB and installing via mobile.blackberry.com however, it just sent me to App World (where I had initially installed FB) and asked if I wanted to reinstall.

Any one else have some insight or suggestions?
    11-16-10 12:13 PM
    on your BB browser. Scroll to the bottom and click where it says to download it if you DON'T have app world installed. Then it will work.
    11-16-10 01:23 PM
    on your BB browser. Scroll to the bottom and click where it says to download it if you DON'T have app world installed. Then it will work.
    That did the trick. Thanks!
    11-16-10 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD