When will the leaks stop?! I just downloaded .225 this morning and now in the afternoon there's another download. I haven't really seen any threads on the newest leak. Does anyone have any info? So far .225 has been running great for md since this morning. 100% than .214

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 03:27 PM
    What's the latest?
    09-20-10 03:31 PM

Check the Beta OS subforum.
    09-20-10 03:33 PM
    What's the latest?

Leaked OS: 6.0.0.246 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 | CrackBerry.com

I've been using it about an hour or so with no issues. But, I haven't played with it much to see what changes may be there.
    09-20-10 03:37 PM
    Cool Thanks! I think it's awesome that they keep workin at this OS!
    09-20-10 03:40 PM
    is it safe to download these leaks? Or will it brick my phone?
    09-20-10 05:08 PM
    When they stop will you ask "when will the next leak come out"?

09-20-10 06:53 PM
    is it safe to download these leaks? Or will it brick my phone?
    As long as you follow the easy how-to threads on here you'll be fine.
    09-20-10 07:37 PM
    i have managed to get this error when i try and run the update... and i have done dozens of leaks on multiple devices over the past few years.

One or more modules could not be resolved.
    09-20-10 07:41 PM
    When will the leaks stop?! I just downloaded .225 this morning and now in the afternoon there's another download. I haven't really seen any threads on the newest leak. Does anyone have any info? So far .225 has been running great for md since this morning. 100% than .214

Leaks aren't official and you definitely don't have to do them...software companies typically compile their software many times for testing purposes to fix bugs and/or add new features. I'm sure some of the leaks are released on purpose so that RIM can get some outside input from blackberry end user's before they submit the build to the carriers as "official", but some are just simply another test build that someone accidentally or purposely released to the world. The 9800 is a new phone and OS6 is a new os, so of course there are going to be a lot of test builds to get the bugs worked out - and thus a lot of leaks. If you are happy with what you have or don't want to take any chances of having new or worse problems, stick with the latest official release.

09-20-10 07:51 PM
    i have managed to get this error when i try and run the update... and i have done dozens of leaks on multiple devices over the past few years.

One or more modules could not be resolved.
    Try uninstalling the OS from your computer and reinstalling it.
    09-20-10 08:06 PM
    It's funny, you see the 9700 user's complaining (whining) because they don't get a release, and some people (jokingly?) complain about too many :-)
    09-20-10 09:57 PM
    Try uninstalling the OS from your computer and reinstalling it.
    Should I remove the new leak that I downloaded and reinstall it??? I'm getting this error on my 9650 as well. I want to try this tonight.
    09-21-10 01:49 PM
    Should I remove the new leak that I downloaded and reinstall it??? I'm getting this error on my 9650 as well. I want to try this tonight.
    Yes uninstall with Windows then reinstall and try again.
    09-21-10 02:01 PM
    Leaks aren't official and you definitely don't have to do them...software companies typically compile their software many times for testing purposes to fix bugs and/or add new features. I'm sure some of the leaks are released on purpose so that RIM can get some outside input from blackberry end user's before they submit the build to the carriers as "official", but some are just simply another test build that someone accidentally or purposely released to the world. The 9800 is a new phone and OS6 is a new os, so of course there are going to be a lot of test builds to get the bugs worked out - and thus a lot of leaks. If you are happy with what you have or don't want to take any chances of having new or worse problems, stick with the latest official release.

I was only kidding about my post. I was just annonyed that I recently had the chance to update to .225 and then .246 came out as i was at work. lol
    09-21-10 02:19 PM
    You know you are NOT required to install each and every leak and/or official version. If you are happy with the way your device is running, perhaps you should stick with your current OS. IF you are having some trouble, or if the never build have some feature, or bug fix you want and the feedback about it is good, THEN you can install it, BUT don't feel like you need to install everything that comes out. Just keep remembering how much of a PIA it is to input all your app codes and reconfigure your device after an upgrade, and that should make you pause at least.
    09-21-10 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD